Eight Billion Genies Picked up by Amazon

New…

2 Likes

Seth Rogen? Oh baby

I made a bunch of profit with 8BG back in the day. Kept a few just in case if it ever goes into development.

1 Like

I am locked and loaded ready to go.

2 Likes

IMG_1425

So there was a lot of hype with this story, similar to Beneath the Trees…but it seemed like the last few issues it went quiet.

Did they stick the landing or what? I read the first three issues and felt they were meh so I didn’t continue. I did get a couple 2nd prints signed by Browne and Soule at NYCC though.

1 Like

I’ll have to dig out my copies and finish reading it, I think I’m at issue 5. I believe it went quiet for a while because there was a delay in the later issues coming out. I have still have plenty of issues 1 and 2 (A’s and B’s) as well as the A and B covers for issues 3 to 8. If you didn’t like the first 3 issues then I don’t think you will like the rest of the series, just isn’t your thing imo. I thought the first 3 issues were great but I’m biased because I have loved Charles Soule and Ryan Browne’s wacky humor from way back.

Prior to joining CHU when I was getting back into comics I was a member at another comic book forum “comicbookresources (CBR)”. It was there that I discovered Charles and Browne’s other projects like God Hates Astronauts, even more wacky and hysterical than 8BG. However 8BG didn’t heat up right away like Beneath the Trees, it was the Amazon option news that sent it soaring. Soule has done many series like this in the past.

Those were the days… back when Midtown was slower to react to option news.

4 Likes

Still waiting on updates for brzrkr, something is killing the children, oblivion song, department of truth, stray dogs, bitter root, the recount, canto, gun honey, majorie finnegan, etc etc

3 Likes

Options come and go. Have to move fast anytime there is any news.

1 Like

Dayummmm Boi! You racked up on EBG. I;m jelly. WIsh midtown was slow nowadys.

I sold my copy of the EBG preview before Image picked it up (double signed) for $150 last year when this got hot. Paid $24, so that was a win. But, one sold today for $250.

I hope we’ll see Curse Words news in the future…

I hope everything is optioned so I can sell everything. But would love for Curse Words to be optioned to move some copies.

EBG books are moving at a pretty good clip. Mine sold within 20 minutes of listing.

1 Like

Anyone want a 2nd print signed by the creators…?

Anyone…?

Does Wizord show up in the EBG series? League of Comic Geeks has him in issues 2 & 4. If he is and gets casted, curse words 1 should move. #wishful