Eight Billion Genies

I love the book, but you really do need to stop and think about this stuff anymore and not buy into the hype.

I absolutely loved Stray Dogs (and still do). That book had the exact same sort of energy, crazy prices, and word of mouth and where is it now? Still a great book, don’t get me wrong…but sure not getting those silly prices it was at one point. These books will be no different in the long run.

6 Likes

I agree but I’ll hold out and see what happens.

I bought a Star Wars High Republic Adventures Annual from you on eBay this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh! Awesome!

1 Like

Stray dogs wasn’t optioned though, and definitely not by Amazon. So there is a difference between these 2 books. Though I do agree with you about not going crazy buying into these things.

1 Like

I read the first 3 books. Meh. Just didn’t do it for me. Not my thing.

So I’ll be that one on 1000000 that doesn’t like it.

Listed my books on eBay and will take what I can get now.

1 Like

@Bluecontroller
Actually, at the time Stray Dogs was big and folks were talking about it, Paramount Animation was reported to have acquired the rights/optioned Stray Dogs. Just like with this book, that news (along with the other factors) helped generate heat.

Now whether that panned out or wasn’t even true fact (although there are still multiple articles out there from 2020 reporting it) it really doesn’t matter as the news helped drive more sales back then.

The list of optioned titles is a mile long…makes zero sense to base buying purchases on “options”. Just my view anyway.

1 Like

Yeah but didn’t Stray Dogs start to heat up prior to the option news? Those are the real winners I think, when they can generate heat without the news of being optioned.

1 Like

It’s all good. Some stuff everyone loves I struggle to see the appeal of. Sometimes a comic just doesn’t appeal.

2 Likes

My daughter loves mint ice cream, I can’t stand it and think it’s gross.

I am meh on mint or chocolate mint by itself but it goes great with a scoop of pistachio, oddly enough.

LOL…never saw the appeal of cookie dough ice cream either…I’ll go without :slight_smile:

Let’s make an ice cream thread!

Turkey Hill Party Cake.

You can find copies of issue 2 for cover price here. limited to one per, but if you are looking.

1 Like

and out of stock, congrats to those who got one.

Eight Billion Genies #1 1st print still going strong, $60-$70 sales last couple days…

2 Likes

https://www.charlessoule.com/8bg-store

2 Likes

Glad I held onto my 4 copies of issue 1 1st print.

4 Likes
1 Like

Straight money grab by Charles soule. Not going to complain though, man made me good money last year and I do enjoy his work.

It is a signed and numbered copy for $30, limited to 500. That is way better than most store exclusives and ratios.
H
It is already priced up on Ebay. EIGHT BILLION GENIES #1 - DIRECTORS CUT!

Only one copy has sold so far.