Eight Billion Genies

This could be interesting…. They also give you an option for unsigned and cover B.

2 Likes

Finally got around to reading this book.
I was excited to see the story tales place where I’m from (St Clair Shores, MI) & and there are numerous references to the area. Fun, enjoyable comic.

Surprised how much it’s selling for. Still on the racks here.

2 Likes

Buy,sell,ship,repeat

4 Likes

regular copies are going for same as misprint

Price went up to $30 now.

Issues 2 & 3 taking off…

2 Likes

The completely underrated 1:10 Wishmaster Variant for Eight Billion Genies is up on TFAW for $5.99. Wishmaster was a direct to video movie back in the 80’s-90’s and had the greatest genie of all time. He appears on this photo cover. Not many people catch the reference. But sure enough Andrew Divoff is the photo on the cover.

3 Likes

It’s weird how some books people just plain don’t want. That cover is sitting on every rack around here and won’t sell.

1 Like

Me too , I spent many nights dreaming of Jeannie

1 Like

I sold one today for $13

It happens. I really want a Thanos #13, but there’s no way I’m buying a lenticular cover.

1 Like

I went with 1 copy of each on Browne’s website:

#2, cover A
#2, cover B
#2, cover A misprint (signed)

Also pre-ordered the #1 and #2 2nd prints.

I’m not sure what the misprint will do in the future, but if he has the only (advanced) copies of it and was pulled before shipping, it could be very interesting in the future. Plus, it keeps my run going which is what I really want to do. The Shogun Warrior cover is pretty sweet!

Very fun read so far IMO

No one will care about this book when the SDCC and D23 news rolls in. Me personally I would just wish for everyone else’s wishes not to work and end the show with one episode.

4 Likes

I need to read the comic but I think you can’t impact other people’s wishes or wish for most wishes, are the rules?

Media hype happened way too soon for the books to grow.

Books crash weeks, maybe month later, when this happens. Ebay becomes flooded.

1 Like

misprint got posted in covrprice newsletter, so it sold out

Darker ink isnt a misprint it’s just freshly filled ink.

2 Likes

It’s all good :heart_eyes:

This is actual live footage of me on Ebay with Eight Billion Genies this week

I didn’t even want to sell my copy of the preview, as I thought it was a good concept, and I liked the signatures/limited nature of the print run. But, for $150??!?! Bye.

I like the comic book spec game for a lot of reasons, but one is how unpredictable it is. I would have never expected THIS book to get this hot. Issue 3 was gone in minutes at my shops. Crazy.

Anyway. It IS a good story so far, and I bet it’ll make a fun movie/show.

1 Like