Facebook / IG / Whatsapp down

What a huge impact this will have on IG comic sellers. I can’t imagine all these people with thousands of followers not able to engage their customers on any one of these platforms. Wonder how long this will go on for?

1 Like

I halfway think this is Zuckerberg holding the nation hostage as threats of regulation are looming.

2 Likes

Either way its so wild…so many people depend on these 3 apps worldwide for everything. FB sales isn’t a huge market for me, but I have made about $1000-2000 in the last few months from there. Lots of single comic sales, few large orders.

1 Like

That’s my point. Corporatocracy rising, my friend.

4 Likes

Facebook Whistleblower testifying. Facebook probably going to face charges

2 Likes

I’m personally fine with not seeing the dumb bs some people I know post on either insta or facebook. Let’s bring back myspace

1 Like

It’s a tempting thought, but an extended outage will have advertisers and “sponsors” looking for concessions/compensation. It’s not a good look, even if they are the Big Boy of social media.

1 Like

Not that much of a deal to me. I only use FB to read about some hobby stuff for the most part. The other two platforms I never used.

1 Like

I was wondering why my Facebook feed was empty :rofl:

its time to bring this back
yrc1136mj8a11

5 Likes

Looks like things are coming back online.

That being said, I’ve had better experience selling on r/comicswap than FB or IG

1 Like

With that comes these, though:

2 Likes

I found this out while trying to post my dumbass info about old Star Weekly issues nobody cares about. Today was the first time I actually put my Wookiee mask on to take a picture for Instagram. Jokes on me. What a waste of 2 minutes that was.

My dog’s facial expression was right: “You dumbass.”

1 Like

The world in my opinion if better off without Facebook. I know, modern blasphemy.

5 Likes

No, it’s empirically true right now. An algorithm is actively trying to piss us off and raise our blood pressure while putting us into two binary silos of extreme thought. All in the name of “engagement” to sell to advertisers (or state actors willing to funnel money into it).

It’s not good for anybody’s mental health or governance of free nations.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I stopped using Facebook long ago… best decision ever!

3 Likes

I love Comicswap too!

I rarely use it. I actually use messenger to talk to a few childhood friends and ask my lcs to pull books for me not on my pull list.

Didn’t do any of that today…

Don’t do social media. I get my news from CHU or my wife’s lol.

1 Like