Fcbd 2023

Free Comic Book Day 2023: Avengers/X-Men #1 sets the stage for “Fall of X” a new X-Men event announced at New York Comic Con (NYCC) that could bring about the end of mutantkind’s Krakoan Age. Marvel teased the issue “features a pair of all-new stories that set the stage for the next evolution in mutant adventures, FALL OF X, and introduces an uncanny new lineup for a new team book launching next year. Plus a preview of Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti’s upcoming mystery project.”

Free Comic Book Day 2023: Spider-Man/Venom #1 readies fans for “Summer of Symbiotes” an event which was also announced at NYCC. The event, which launches in summer 2023, stars Carnage, Venom, Red Goblin and more in a slew of new symbiote-related stories. Marvel teased, “Free Comic Book Day 2023: Spider-Man/Venom #1 will web-sling readers into the exciting developments currently taking place in Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr.’s hit run of Amazing Spider-Man and lay the groundwork for the SUMMER OF SYMBIOTES. Plus a preview of new Marvel epic just on the horizon.”

Appearing on the cover for Free Comic Book Day 2023: Marvel’s Voices #1 are Miles Morales, Black Panther, Monica Rambeau, America Chavez, Shang-Chi, Storm and more. The publisher said the issue “invites readers to the groundbreaking and critically acclaimed Marvel’s Voices series, which spotlights creators and characters across Marvel’s diverse and ever-evolving universe. The book will include a range of stories from previous Marvel’s Voices issues as well a brand-new one!”

Free Comic Book Day 2023: Spidey & Friends #1 is aimed at younger readers and stars a number of fan favorite Spider-Man characters. “Swing into adventure with Spidey, Ghost-Spider, and Miles as they face off against Green Goblin, Doc Ock and more in this spectacular special,” Marvel said. “Filled with easy-to-read comic stories based on the hit Disney Junior show, this book is perfect for the youngest readers aged 5-7. Young fans will even be able to test their wall-crawling skills with thrilling interactive activity pages! Kids will love this not-to-be-missed comic: the perfect primer for the newest generation of Spider-Fans!”

4 Likes

So that FCBD will be first Miles as the moniker Spin Spider for those that thought it would never come into comics.

4 Likes

Already happened in FCBD 2022…

I’d love to see a new Umbrella Academy volume in 2023, but I’ll take the FCBD book:

I can’t believe we’re taking about FCBD already. I haven’t put my Christmas tree up yet!!!

That linear thinking is old news. I’m putting my Christmas tree up for 2024 next week.

1 Like

fyi, some FCBD books are on FOC this week…

1 Like

Marvel Voices FCBD will have a new villain for Ironheart…

1 Like

cover reveal for Ranger Academy FCBD

2 Likes

DC’s FCBD books are on FOC…

Dawn of DC Knight Terrors 2023 FCBD Special Edition

(not final cover)

There is also a foil variant

Girl Taking Over: A Lois Lane Story 2023 FCBD Special Edition

Clark & Lex and Fann Club: Batman Squad 2023 FCBD Special Edition

The DC Knight Terrors cover looks like a concert.

1 Like

looks like retailers have the books now.

anyone got spoilers for the Marvel and DC books ?

I know one store that got them in that would maybe let me look but won’t let me take it probably. I could ask for a peek?

2 Likes

So what’s going to be the best reads to grab for FCBD this year? Any thoughts?

I am curious why they’ve already announced that they’re reprinting their Gold FCBD titles (“Marvel Zero”)

(with 1:50 incentives, now I’m looking at it)

That non-linear thinking is now old news. I’ve put my Christmas Tree in a box where it is perpetually either set up or not set up to be determined on Christmas day for the next few years. Schrodinger’s Tree

TFAW Sale is live right now.

2 Likes