February Previews 2021 - Small Publisher Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books coming out of February Previews for the small publishers that include Dark Horse, IDW and Image Comics.

Dark Horse

For you fans of Mignola comes the new Tales from the Outerverse Cojacaru the Skinner.

Cojacaru the Skinner #1
Cojacaru the Skinner #1 (Peter Bergting Variant Cover)

Jenny Zero #1 explores the tale of of Jenny Zero, a rockin’ daughter of a hero who must sober up when the monsters return.

IDW Books

The beloved Canto is back with another story. It’s just a must with Canto & The City of Giants #1.

If you’re a Godzilla fan, this next is a must. It looks like it’s geared more towards kids but I’m still down. Godzilla Monsters & Protectors #1.

Godzilla Monsters & Protectors #1 (Cover A - Dan Schoening)
Godzilla Monsters & Protectors #1 (Cover B - Photo Cover)

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #3 is a must. It’s got that new Villain on the regular cover.

Image Comics

This first one I’m looking forward to. I normally enjoyed some of Geoff John’s work on DC so maybe now without DC Editors calling some shots, he can release his writing talent with Geiger #1.

Geiger #1 (Cover A - Frank)
Geiger #1 (Cover B - Larsen)
Geiger #1 (Cover C - Fabok)
Geiger #1 (Cover D - Blank Sketch Variant)
Geiger #1 (Cover E - Frank Glow in the Dark Variant)

Helm Greycastle #1 is a new Latinx title coming out of Image/Top Cow. I really dig the cover art for this one, hoping the interiors are just as eye appealing. The typical band of heroes out to save… hopefully the story delivers cause it’s definitely not ground breaking by any means.

Helm Greycastle #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Handoko & Valenza)
Helm Greycastle #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Lapham)
Helm Greycastle #1 (of 4) (Cover C - Parker)

This next title from Image got my attention because of Jules Verne on it’s own.

I like a good sci-fi book so Jules Verne’s Lighthouse #1 is a must checkout for me.

Jules Verne Lighthouse #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Haberlin & Van Dyke)
Jules Verne Lighthouse #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Haberlin & Van Dyke)

Old Guard Tales Through Time #1 will appeal to you Old Guard fans.

Old Guard Tales Through Time #1 (of 6) (Cover A - Fernandez)
Old Guard Tales Through Time #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Camagni)
Old Guard Tales Through Time #1 (of 6) (Cover C - Battlefield Variant)

Silver Coin #1 is a new supernatural thriller that will tell stories in each issue that end up all being shared. If done right, could be an entertaining read.

Silver Coin #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Walsh)
Silver Coin #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Lotay)
Silver Coin #1 (of 5) (Cover C - Nguyen)

2 Likes