First comic work by Artists

I have just gotten into buy some artists first comic work, cover or otherwise. I’ve tried looking on google and other places but I keep getting different answers. I’m sure people on here know more than me about this. So I figured we could keep this going and post artists first work, older established artists and upcoming newer ones. The one I’m looking for now is Mark Brooks. Thank for the help.

1 Like

I think Mark Brooks first work is in 10th muse issue 7, where he drew the backup story

1 Like

If you have the Key Collector app, there are artists first’s categories you can review.

1 Like

i love collecting this type of thing. it’s what got my back into comics as an adult after i started reading about the major contributors to amazing spiderman. it’s fun (and less pricey) when you discover books which are keys according to your own taste but not necessarily many others’.

1 Like

Here’s Jim Lee’s first interior art (#51) and first cover (#53). I had no idea this was the case until I got a stack of Alpha Flight comics in a small collection I bought, and 53 was in the pile. It’s like a $5 book, but still kinda cool.

3 Likes

I think his first published work was as an inker for Samurai Santa.

2 Likes