FOC Highlight Books for Last Call June 12th, 2023

I just got a handful of picks this week with some domination in the Star Wars category. The top pick however goes to:

Spider-Man #7 (3rd Ptg Variant). This is the long term hold. The market swung in favor for this new spider character out of the billions out there in the multiverse and we are likely going to see a 4th print possibly which will be another decent pickup but this one could prove it’s worth over time as well.

Why does this one stand out more than the 2nd printing? Well, the publishing numbers weren’t inflated with retailers and collectors chasing the 1:25 ratio variant for that printing. Plus, the cover art for this one is way cooler. Still not bad pickups if you can find cheap to hold long term.

Next up is Star Wars Bounty Hunters #36.

The regular cover reminds me of The Boys #1. But the Classic Trade Dress Homage is just awesome (not as good as the original with Star Wars #42) along with Star Wars Bounty Hunters #36 Larocca Boba Fett Death Stick Variant.

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #36 (Ordway Classic Trade Dress Variant)

Darth Vader also has a classic trade dress and cover out as well with Star Wars Darth Vader #36 (Ordway Classic Trade Dress Variant). It’s a must for me.

Star Wars Darth Vader #36 (Ordway Classic Trade Dress Variant)

The last pick isn’t a comic but these still prove their worth over time if you can keep yourself from reading them in the bathroom… Star Wars Insider #217 Star Wars Celebration 2023 Ed is that pick, just a great cover of Darth Vader.

Star Wars Insider #217 Star Wars Celebration 2023 Ed

And the one for the cover art alone goes to Junk Rabbit #4 (of 5) (Cover B - Robinson).

Junk Rabbit #4 (of 5) (Cover B - Robinson)

3 Likes

I am really diggin those retro covers!

Junk Rabbit reminds me of the black rabbit of Inle from Watership Down.

1 Like

I like that Playboy homage

1 Like