FOC Mega Topic

Dark Dominionā€™s shipping is a bit pricey, but the discounts are such that if you order enough books in a given FOC it pays for itself. So Ive ordered from him on occasion. And itā€™s well packaged. Prices include. Ag and board as well.

TFAW is good if you just have one or two books each week and like to combine shipments (offer weekly, bi-weekly or monthly). They close FOC a day or two early, and sometimes do not update FOC if books are pushed out (for example, they have Star Wars Visions #1 listed as 1/22, even though itā€™s been pushed out at least a weekā€¦and they will not update it). Bag and board extra so you have to factor that into the price when youā€™re looking at their FOC discount.

Otherwise I order from Collector Cave and Comixzone as they are bigger stores offering competitive discounts and can combine books that have different FOCs or are currently in stock. They ship quickly and Iā€™m regionally close enough that new books arrive within a week, if not by Saturday the week of release.

3 Likes

Does MCS charge you when you put in the pre-order or wait until it ships, like TFAW? I pretty much exclusively use TFAW but am getting tired of the wrong FOC dates and delays in shipping.

They have an option to defer billing until the 21st of the month. Iā€™m not sure if that applies to all shipping frequencies or just monthly. They are very responsive over Facebook chat if you want to ask them.

1 Like

I was looking at Dark Dominion Comics this past week for the FOC and the prices were retail, couldā€™ve sworn they offered discount. I reached out to them and was told they changed their policy. Will check them out again this weekend as well as the ones you mentioned. Thank you.

I believe they do not list FOC books until Friday before. Then they take them down after FOC.

So youā€™re likely looking at books that are in stock, and the FOC books not listed yet.

This is likely because the distributors can push or cancel books late in the week, so it avoids late changes that can impact peopleā€™s orders.

Check again later today.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 2 PREVIEW

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ultimate-spider-man-2-first-look-preview-shocker

BLACK TECH SUIT BABY !! ULTIMATE SHOCKER !!!

@Sadsurfer92 proof is in the pudding :grinning:

5 Likes

I tried the Ultimate Shocker in college. Ruined a few dates.

7 Likes

OMG that looks awesome!

1 Like

I donā€™t see mention of a tech suit. Do you think he opted for technology instead of being bitten? We didnā€™t see the actual ā€œbiteā€ occur (unless you tell me it was in ultimate invasion).

Or maybe the spider infused him with some bio-nano technology, not so much radioactivityā€¦

Interesting heā€™s in the black suit

from issue 1ā€¦

now we didnt see a ā€œbiteā€ā€¦but Hickman doesnt really need to show itā€¦

Show the bite,

IMG_0620

Or it didnā€™t happen.

2 Likes

Maybe it turns black at night. Red and blue during the day.

Thatā€™d be cool.

1 Like

Appreciate the info but I had emailed them inquiring about their pricing and was told theyā€™ve changed their policy. I just checked and books are retail price.

By gosh, youā€™re right.

Not sure whyā€¦this cover calls to me. Weight of the world on his mindā€¦even Supes gets down. :cry: Rare that I buy Superman (on FOC).

This was a really good short story by Joe Hill (Stephen Kingā€™s son which I imagine you all know)
Should make for a great comic issue if you dig horror stuff.

3 Likes

I am a big creepshow and horror fan. But a recent issue lost me. It was just too much.

1 Like

Agreed! If this wasnā€™t a story I already know/likedā€¦ Iā€™d also pass. Creepshow has been really, really hit & miss. With more misses for sure.

I knew for a long time that the moon was a toilet. This just proves it.

2 Likes