FOC Mega Topic

DC went up a $1 on Harley Quinn and I feel attacked. They crossed a line :rage:

1 Like

Is there something particularly special about Action #1050? DC seem to be going hard on it with a 1:1050!

1 Like

It’s a ‘milestone’ issue, so that’s why it’s $1 more.

2 Likes

pandering to store exclusive ups mailbox stores

Anything spec worthy on FOC tonight? Tiger Division #3 has a new villain showing up, but I’m passing on it. Haven’t pre-ordered or bought NCBD books in months…

1 Like

Darth Vader #29 has a new character

Isn’t that out tomorrow though? FOC has long passed I thought…

1 Like

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/alert-alert/6656/252?u=monopolyjackson

1 Like

BATMAN ONE BAD DAY: BANE #1

1st appearance of new villain GRUDGE

https://www.cbr.com/bane-gets-new-arch-nemesis-not-batman-joshua-williamson/

2 Likes

I appreciate you posting that, I do feel that DC is just making new character after new character to see what sticks.

6 Likes

This time period will be remembered for the endless barrage month after month of new characters, just as the 90’s are remembered for bomber jackets and a $hit load of pouches on costumes.

5 Likes

I agree with you, but would add that Marvel is doing the same. Everyone’s on the First Appearance train.

5 Likes

Yup.

When Marvel does it its all :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant:

When DC does it, it seems to be::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I think both are crap but DC seems to be doing it in almost every comic.

3 Likes

Star Wars has just become a launching ground of new characters. Issue after issue of characters no one cares about. Many of whom die the same issue.

(There happy?)

3 Likes

Agreed. Star Wars is the biggest offender here.

According to Fandom, Marvel has debuted 700+ characters this year compared to DC’s 475+. Some from each list are existing characters but just in different relaities such as Tony Stark of Earth TRN95935I39 and Supersaur.

And Die-cut, foil, glow-in-the-dark and glossy embossed (gimmick) covers. I still love them all,

3 Likes

Each one the next Miles.

2 Likes

Gimmick covers fun.