FOC Mega Topic

Alana how many copies of Avengers 58 are you picking up? I feel Ghost Ronin has a sneaky chance of blowing up. He has a cameo before and this isn’t his first cover but might be his first full. I picked up 57 as well, see if he appears there. Definitely a cool character and cover.

Yeah I was more excited for this character and issue before they threw him on a cover with a cameo before this issue.

1 Like

Could still be a good pickup if it’s his first full. Out of all the new characters that Marvel is pumping out, I feel this one has a bit of potential. Could totally see Ghost Ronin showing up on the big screen someday, could hit cult status if the character is done right. I’m picking up a few anyways but won’t go crazy on it.

I have a sense that most of these Mile High variants are “rare” simply because Mile High has never allowed their asking price for the variants to drop. If anything, they double down on their high price. So relatively few people buy them from Mile High. Thus, few are “in circulation.”

1 Like

4 Likes

:point_up: :point_up: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

I wish I could get into it. It’s like the Mulder’s poster in X-Files, instead of “I Want to Believe” it’s “I want to like post-Lucas Star Wars”.

1 Like

Did that art just get released today? On FOC?

The color, yes. The black and white went out last week on Friday.

Oh, ok. I skip sketch art so must’ve passed over it.

Buying because its rare IS part of the spec process; how much you want to pay for it, and whether you want to sell or keep the spec, factors into the spec process.

There are no ‘rules’ when buying comics. If there were, all of us would be rich ! You do your research or not, and then you jump in.

1 Like

Rare does not equal desirable. Spec is more about people wanting something and turning it quickly, which does not necessarily have to be rare. I guy who prints 2 books would make them rare, not necessarily desirable. I would say it is more about which spec, short term flipping or long-term holding that rare comes into play, probably more the latter of the two.

4 Likes

Rare feels like a desirability multiplier. If desirability is zero, rare doesn’t help. But if desirability exists, rare can enhance value.

7 Likes

well put

You got what I was implying. :wink:

2 Likes

But in the end, it’s not even desire. It’s demand. What one person desires others may not.

Which is why some niches in comics make so much money while others scratch their heads at it. See all the cheesecakey and raunchy variant covers.

I never understand the pervs…er I mean gentlemen who spend big money on raunchy variant covers. Why not just buy a copy of playboy? Much cheaper and better articles. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I am one of those ‘gentlemen’ who buy those covers, but its really a question if I can get it cheap and if I can possibly flip it for a profit. At my age though, some of the covers are gross even for my taste. But some of the cover art for the adult comics are pretty good. Just came across a bunch of the old Razor books - crappy stories, interior art but the cover art is awesome. Same with the Lady Death books that Anthony, and others have mentioned.

It is always demand relative to supply. If one billion people want something, even a supply of a million would not quench demand and price would go up.

Additional point on edit: And as we have learnt at comic art auctions, all it takes is two individuals to drive up prices on a one-of-a-kind item.

3 Likes