Forum Growth - A Quick Glance

I think traffic growth is due to:

1.) An honest comic speculating community
2.) People tired of the bs & shadiness from Facebook groups

3 Likes

I stumbled across CHU after being rapidly unsatisfied with the dollar bin ā€œarticlesā€ on CBSI (it was really the only thing I read) and wanting to read something where it didnā€™t seem like there was an in-crowd and angle to everything. Found an article from here in a straight up random google search and here we are.

5 Likes

Lol. Thanks.

I like it because you all seem like pretty good, down to earth people that Iā€™d likely share a beer with. Comics are greatā€¦good people are even better.

You also appear to put up with my lengthy, spec write ups that never seem to ever materialize. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi folks
Stumbled upon CHU but never joined the forum. Been a lurker for some time now (maybe 3/4 years lol). Always loved the siteā€™s content, happy to be here and enjoy comics with you guys.

10 Likes

Welcome. Lurker or regular commenter all are welcome.

1 Like

Yup, even if you donā€™t post, signing up allows one to subscribe to keep tabs on discussions, etc.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome! No more lurking for me.

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

New folk welcome! New or old we all love each other! Except @drunkwooky, he hates everyone who disses Star Wars.

2 Likes

Trying to decide whether Iā€™m better served refuting this or letting it standā€¦

2 Likes

While growth was slow in the beginning, and then explosive, we hit 10,000,000 forum views this week.

A majority of them have come from the past 2 years, 2.1 Million views this year so far, an 5.5 million views last year (growth continues)

For comparison, the main site is coming up quickly on 20,000,000 lifetime views.

Thanks active CHU members.

14 Likes

Looking good! congrats!

I would have to think the main site has slowed down considerably and the forums are rising at the inverse rate.

A chart comparing views over time would be interesting.

You knowā€¦in your free time. :wink:

Havenā€™t slowed as much as one might think. Partly and likely our own fault. For a while there we were pushing out way more articles and updates, almost daily. Thatā€™s slowed down due to just being busy with life I think.

2 Likes

The great thing and difference for the forum is, itā€™s community driven discussions that keep members coming back. The community on CHU is what makes CHU great in my opinion!

5 Likes