Future Pickups Kaiju Score #1

Kaiju score is optioned before it hits shelves
Speculators: I sleep

Key collector: guys its optioned

Speculators: real shit?? que hitting eBay
I don’t get this hobby sometimes lol

4 Likes

getting optioned and a project hiring writers are two different things. so many comics get optioned and never so much as get a script writer hired. this shows it has momentum which is why people bought

2 Likes

Man, that is a Deadline report with writers and Sony confirmed. Key Collector reported a story that was true. I don’t see the problem here. Lots of things are optioned. Why do you think there was an additional spike on Bitter Root when Legendary Pictures and Regina King were attached to it officially? That was already optioned, after all.

If you can’t tell the difference between the two, you’re not as slick and educated of a comic collector as you think you are.

And if you think speculators are only making moves when Key Collector tells them, you’re very much mistaken. Key collector allows me and many others to profit on the “speculators” you reference here because I actually spec prior to alerts and use the app to give me a big flashing neon sign that says: SELL NOW.

We’re in 2021. Our entire world is smart phones and apps. An app exists that will update you comic news that you may not see in a timely manner. Why in the world wouldn’t you use it?

Also, you should go hit ebay right away when an alert like that hits, IF you resell. Buy low, sell high. Right when an alert hits, you can buy low… This is just such basic stuff, its hard to understand how some of you exist in this space without going broke.

3 Likes

I just thought it was a funny observation, I wasn’t getting heartbroken over it :joy:

“Buy low, sell high”, no better argument to buy pre FOC for 30% off cover for an already optioned comic rather than wait to buy off ebay months later

I liked the series. If it makes it to the trailer stage I’ll list my 9.8 Gallagher Hive exclusive. Other than that, I think I only have 2 sets. I didn’t spec big on this one, but loved that cover.

There’s no reason to make personal jabs.

Again, that line isn’t even necessary. Debate the idea without making it personal against others.

I’m only butting in because I’m addressing reports from members. Questions or concerns, feel free to PM me or @Anthony

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yeah. I read the original post as being a joke about how people sleep on optioned books before they are released and then jump on eBay later when a notice comes out that was already reported. It wasn’t a dog on Key Collector. It was an observation on how some speculators react. The key alert came out and I listed my pre-order copies. Again, I don’t think the original comment was a comment on let collector but how speculators act.

1 Like

I think I’m seeing the gradual increase in negativity towards KC manifest itself emotionally to those that support KC. Even if the thread isn’t about KC.

That’s what typically happens when a consistent; albeit slow increase of differing opinions of any topic in which there are both supporters and detractors.
Just my “people behavior” observations.

TFAW was last weeks slow grind that eventually went nuclear.

Maybe a :star: system with KC with justication for the stars like any other “business”

2 Likes

As locksmith said… the deadline report (which lead to the KC alert) was not about it being optioned, it was the writers/studios being attached. Many things get optioned, less get writers/studio attached to it. It’s a very positive next step that the project may move forward.

3 Likes

When I saw they also did the movie Brightburn that caught my attention.

Brightburn was a great movie with no buzz. Every person that I know who saw it thought
it was well done.

Hopefully they do same with Kaiju Score movie.

2 Likes

so previews shows a 2nd print exists, but midtown and GC dont even have it listed. wonder if it ever came out

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP209378

Preview has it. I don’t think I ever saw one. The copies I had picked up were at my LCS a long time ago.

Recent ebay sale

1 Like

MCS has it in the database also as 1C.

Never seen this book will keep on my BOLO list.

1 Like