Gore Noir (Horror Mag) Spiderman 1 Homage

See what happens if you contact them. Boo-urns indeed.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I want to try after hearing briefly about your experience, lol
I’ll let you know how it goes.

Oh, if they treated an American like garbage, they’re gonna really treat you horribly being in Canada
 :wink:

I got mine yesterday and everything was fine. It was loaded with free stickers too

2021-03-02 17.58.27

1 Like

I received mine today. shipped in a paper envelope with an undersized backboard as the only protection. Pretty much every corner is damaged on every book. Im not happy. At all. Very unprofessional on gore noirs part, imo. Doubling the print run without reason. Late shipping. and no protection for shipping. Yeah
no thanks. They will be giving me money back.

Still haven’t gotten mine or an explanation

I decided to go straight to PayPal with my dispute as I just want to return these books for a full refund. I opened a PayPal dispute at 4pm, got a response at 4:35, then a full refund at 5 pm.
I at least will give them credit for acting fast on this dispute, but I really wanted a NM book. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I got mine about 10 days ago. Not packaged well but surprisingly not damaged

I don’t think a disclaimer and half-hearted apology in advance does much good in this day and age:

“Never been a problem before.” Yeah well just grab some damn Gemini mailers and it will stop being a problem. Hell, charge $16 for the book if that’s what it takes. If somebody selling at such a tiny scale like me can afford a box of Geminis, so can he.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s a pretty half hearted resolution offered by them. They should of just apologized for any damages, and then behind the scenes come up with, and institute, a better shipping method for every order moving forward. And as you said, DW, just add any additional overhead costs to the price of all future magazines
Take some responsibility for Doug’s sake.

“Listen, we keep sending your kids back to a classroom where the teachers just wail on them. This has never been a problem in the past. We know the teachers are going to wail on them, but if you want them to come home unbruised, you’ll need to rent some pads in advance. If you don’t rent the pads, we can’t be responsible for what happens when we knowingly send them back there
you know
to the wailing.”

2 Likes

Lmfao
too funny. :rofl:

I am not sure that disclaimer about purchasing a box was up when I ordered.

I don’t think it was, Tony. I’m thinking they have never sold to the collector community before, and on this particular book, they attracted collectors. I’m sure the average gore noir subscriber doesn’t care too much of their magazine arrived with a few bent corners. As such, I think as these books starting arriving to collectors, damaged, and they received an influx of complaints, and that prompted the disclaimer. I’m basing this theory on the fact that they were pissy with you when you reached out to them, and the fact that they refunded me today almost immediately, with no questions asked
I think the disclaimer is brand new, as of today. :man_shrugging:

Wayback machine last snapshot this page on Dec 5th where the disclaimer was not present. It’s hard to judge then when it showed up but since it’s right there on the top, likely didn’t show up until a bunch of damages were reported by buyers since even the wording makes it seem like it was added after the fact.

I have dealt with small horror magazines before with covers that I wanted. I can say I honestly have never seen anything like this foolishness (read bullshit) before. Of mine is jacked I am just going to file a claim with PayPal as well. The fact the disclaimer did not appear until well after I ordered my copy just goes to show I think they realized they have a situation on their hands.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm
 Hmmmmm

If you don’t want comic collectors to buy your magazine, don’t homage a famous comic cover!

1 Like

I guess because I ordered 3 mine automatically came in a box?? Sorry for anyone having trouble. That’s a lame disclaimer and I also don’t remember seeing that at the time of purchase.

Here is the icing on this ball kicking cake
I just opened the bag n board that my gore book came in. When I took the magazine out, the cover came off. Hmmm. It appears as if the SpiderMan cover is not the actually cover of the magazine. It’s a seperate printed flyer that is just wrapped around the outside of the book. Not attached in any way. Jesus Murphy. What a POS product. Seriously.

1 Like