Gorr the God Butcher in the next Thor movie?

Multiple articles started surfacing around the web yesterday that Gorr the God Butcher will be the next villain in “Thor Love & Thunder”. IF that is the case Thor: God of Thunder #2 will be a good book to pick up if you don’t have it yet. You can find one of the articles on IGN

I hope they steal story from this first arc and second arc of that series. Best Marvel Series ever, in my opinion… I know I’ve said this before but the God Butcher and God Bomb story lines were the stories that made me a Thor fan.

Thor: God of Thunder #2 is already a pricey book as well, with all the Knull appearances and such in Venom.

I would hope so, but I’m not sure they were silly enough for Taika Waititi to borrow from. I do hope he is taking a good long, hard look at them though.

It is, but still some good prices still out there for the first print of #2. Saw some in the fine range listed for $10 to $15. Not awful for those who didn’t get them a while back. I would think they will disappear fast now. That 1:50 variant will probably see a big spike and the 2nd print seems to be a ghost at the moment.

Yeah.

For those who have never read these story arcs, I highly recommend reading them:

Thor God of Thunder TPB Vol. 01 God Butcher

A trail of blood threatens to consume Thor’s past, present and future! Throughout the ages, gods have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. The only hope for these ravaged worlds is for Thor to unravel the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher! In the distant past, the Thunder God discovers a forgotten cave that echoes with the cries of tortured gods - and is shocked to find himself among them! In the present, Thor follows the bloody wake of murdered gods across the depths of space. And thousands of years from now, the last god-king of a ruined Asgard makes his final stand against the God Butcher’s berserker legions. As three Thors from three eras race to stop the God Butcher, the full extent of his vicious scheme takes terrifying shape! Collecting THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #1-5.

Thor God of Thunder TPB Vol. 02 Godbomb

Somewhere at the end of the time, all the gods of the universe are enslaved, working to build a machine that will forever change the face of creation. What is the Godbomb? And what can Thor do to stop it? While Gorr’s master plan continues to unfold, all hope for divinity is lost when Thor finds himself in chains alongside his fellow gods. And even as Gorr’s dark origin is revealed, along with the truth behind his bloody quest to butcher the gods, three time-bending Thors unite to lead an army of slave gods in the fight against Gorr. But will it all be for naught as the clock ticks down and the massive Godbomb is triggered at last? And after the dust clears, what will be left of the universe’s deities?

1 Like

They haven’t done Ulik, Enchantress, Ares, Hercules I don’t know why they would go with Gorr when they have so many of his more recognizable foes unused still.

I just recommended Immortal Hulk TPB to a friend who doesn’t collect comics but likes a good story. I will tell him to pick these up as well. Just a solid read all the way through.

Because the God Butcher story line is just that awesome perhaps… :wink:

I agree, but that’s just it. so many non comic book, enthusiast, movie goers out there now, especially overseas (and here in the US) who have no idea who most of these classic villains are that it won’t even matter. Personally I would love to see Ulik but Gorr could be really, really awesome if done right.

1 Like

I’ve gotten lucky finding plenty of #2 copies. People seemed so preoccupied getting #6 but left other nice issues of the run alone from what I’ve seen. I had lots of copies of #25 also.

The whole thing is the title Love and Thunder most likely means Enchantress her name is Amora which translates to Love. Her abilities are seduction, charming with infatuation, and mind control which means she could be controlling Thor and the digs girls Valkyrie setting up Jane Thor.