Graphic novel recommendations

Looking for some graphic novel recommendation. It can be from any publisher, Marvel, DC, Image, independent. Some of my favorite books are, batman year 1, Grant Morrison new x-men, Garth Ennis Punisher, Y the last man, Saga, Daredevil bord again, Preacher.

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender, Silver Surfer Requiem, Paper Girls, DC Hitman

1 Like

Ex Machina by BKV
Thor God of Thunder - God Butcher and Godbomb, first two story arcs.

Thanos Wins by Donny Cates & Geoff Shaw.

Batman- Court of Owls / City of Owls by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo.

Batman - Death OF The Family by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo.

Batman - The Killing Joke by Alan Moore & Brian Boland.

The Batman Who Laughs by Scott Snyder & Jock.

1 Like

I’m going to recommend some older stuff you may have read already. Warren Ellis Planetary, The Authority, Transmetropolitan. BKV Y the last man and Ex Machina.

2 Likes

Punisher Born (but it’s not for the kiddos… that’s for sure).

Daredevil Redemption is also a fave (loosely based on the real life Robin Hood Hills child murder that is also disturbing as hell).

:fire:

2 Likes

Go way back to Miracleman by Alan Moore. Sentry by Jenkins/Lee is also good.

I am not a Batman fan but enjoyed the early Scott Snyder stuff. Court of Owls, etc.

And agree with above. Y Last Man was great.

1 Like

Agree. Y the last man is one of the all time best. I think all BKV stuff is worth reading and original.

Any recommendation for recent books. I enjoyed deadly class, black science, southern bastards, black hammer.

Joker by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo is a good one. It gives you the insight of the Joker’s life but throught one of his hetchmen. It’s one of the Black Label books so not kid friendly.

My Favorite Thing is Monsters. The Seeds. Pulp (Image).

Pulp was great. I’ve been trying to come back and jot down some “Original Graphic Novels” and not just collected stories from floppy copies… some people I think forget there’s a whole lot of OGN out there that are really really good and great reads…

Ya that was where I was trying to go with this.

Walt Simonson run of Thor.
Kingdom Come
Batman Hush

Old Man Logan
Planet Hulk
Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing
Batman: Long Halloween
Tom Kings Vision
Amazing Spider-Man: Kravens Last Hunt
Superman: Red Son

All classics. All excellent reads. :+1:

1 Like

I was trying to remember something that I really liked (but forgot) and wanted to post above. It was Old Man Logan. Agree, that was super cool!

1 Like

Surprised no one added batman dark knight but maybe that was too obvious.

others greats reads, mister miracle, astrocity, frank miller daredevil run, chew, invincibles.

“The Filth,” by Grant Morrison is my favorite mini-series ever. 13 issues of madness. Morrison made a masterpiece with that one. Chris Weston kills it on the artwork too.

The Killing Joke

Strange Skies Over East Berlin.

Anything by Alan Moore (Miracleman, Swamp Thing, V4V, Watchmen, Tom Strong, Promethea, etc.)
Sandman by Neil Gaiman.
Powers by Bendis.
Sin City by Miller.

1 Like