Help an Old Man Out DC Diamond / Lunar Debacle

During the abrupt DC choice to exit Diamond and go with Lunar Distribution / DCBS and UCS / Midtown Comics, it was very difficult to figure out what and when was coming from who and where as far as my New Comic Weekly shipments … so, the confusion created some gaps in my Pull and Hold customer base, until a more even keel was finally maintained …

In addition, some books from Lunar, which I chose to go with and opened a new account, were shorted …

Bottom line is, I am asking if anyone can direct me toward a good on-line source for recent DC issues … this would be books that were solicited in May, and back to the Diamond / DC split …

I’d like, ideally, to have a one stop site where I can get most, if not all I need with which to fulfill my Customers Pull Lists … my Customers have been very patient and understanding, but my attempts at browsing around the Web in this quest have been frustrating, at best …

So, if the Brain Trust here could help direct me, it would be greatly appreciated … :vulcan_salute:

I’ll add that, in order to take care of my customers, I’m not really all that concerned about making a profit on the books they need … break even would be fine, I’d even be OK with losing a little money just as long as I can take care of my people …

Thanks for any assistance directing me …

Try MMcomics go to the drop down menu and hit stores to find stuff that’s already came out or another tab for coming out Soon, they are really big distributor of comics.

They usually hold their focs until the last day of the month so you can still get in this months previews.

I don’t shop online much, but, I’ve gotten some good deals here.

https://westfieldcomics.com/

Thanks, keep the info coming …

I typically do my online preorders through TFAW and I’ve been overall happy with them. Very deep inventory and I typically get most everything I want with a few exceptions. The one issue is they are pretty popular and sell out on a lot of books so I’m not sure you’d be able to get it all in one place. Their shipping is not on the cheap side.

Midtown also has quite a deep inventory, but their shipping delays will drive you and customers insane.

Yeah, the key to TFAW is definitely pre-ordering for sure to get the book you want. They don’t stock or load up like Midtown does.

One more additional issue is since a large portion of what DC has released since reopen is bat family books, and with many collecting joker war and tie ins, a lot of online places are drying up quicker then normal.

Personally I’m doing 3 sets of joker war (I’m crazy I know), and typically I’ve been splitting it between TFAW and my LCS, but my LCS has been shorted books lately on DC like you so I’ve found myself scrambling online too at times and if i don’t do it quick on some of the B covers it’s tough (look up Detective Comics 1022 cover B on ebay which was released a few weeks ago). But I’m buying a couple titles so I don’t mind a MCS order when I know when they go on sale (and it’s after my shop gets them or doesn’t). They charge full cover (sometimes above) so they wouldn’t work for you.

Appreciate the tips … like I said earlier, I’m not concerned about making a profit … just want to take care of my Pull & Holds … basic DC material, from the time DC pulled the plug with Diamond until around the May pre-order cut off … deliveries were sporadic during that time frame … the transition period was very short, and Diamond continued to ship a few DC titles / Lunar was hit and miss …

I have my pre-order in with Lunar for solicitations for June and July …

I didnt order alot from ucs , but u are more then welcome to pull from what i have at cost plus shipping.