Henchgirl in Development as Live Action Series

I think we’ve heard this before (I know it was a media option at one time) but maybe it’s moving forward now… Here’s the press release:

Scout Comics’ HENCHGIRL by Kristen Gudsnuk is now in development as a live action television series at Freeform/Disney with screenwriter Alex Ebel

November 1, 2020 – Scout Comics & Entertainment Inc. is proud to announce that HENCHGIRL by Kristen Gudsnuk is now in development as a live action television series at Freeform/Disney with screenwriter Alex Ebel attached to adapt. The District (SUPERSTORE, STUMPTOWN) and Scout Comics are attached to produce. Lindsey Shockley is attached as showrunner.

HENCHGIRL, written and drawn by Gudsnuk, is the story of Mary Posa, who hates her job. She works long hours for little pay, no insurance, and, worst of all, no respect. Her coworkers are jerks and her boss doesn’t appreciate her. He also happens to be a supervillain. Cursed with a conscience, Mary would give anything to be something other than a Henchgirl!

Alex Ebel is a genre-blending dramedy writer currently staffed on the reboot of the beloved 90s series ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK for Nickelodeon. Her TV credits include THE ASTRONAUTS, DEADLY CLASS, and BLOOD DRIVE. Ebel is currently adapting BABYSITTER’S COVEN for Nickelodeon. Her psychological thriller feature MOTHER OF ALL EVIL for MarVista Entertainment goes into production later this year.

Lindsey Shockley is onboard HENCHGIRL to EP and showrun. Shockley has been an executive producer on the ABC series Black-ish and Mixed-ish, has been nominated for three Emmy awards, and has developed multiple TV projects with ABC studios.

Kristen Gudsnuk is a comics writer and illustrator. Her other works include the MAKING FRIENDS graphic novel series published by Scholastic Books; the miniseries MODERN FANTASY, written by Rafer Roberts; and the Minecraft graphic novel series WITHER WITHOUT YOU, published by Dark Horse.

Scout Comics & Entertainment launched in October 2015 to immediate critical acclaim. Five years later, the comic book and multi-media company has over 150 titles published and scheduled for future release, spanning the gamut of genres. Additionally, Scout has multiple movie, TV and streaming adaptations in development.

Ruben Fleischer & David Bernad (ZOMBIELAND, VENOM) are Executive Producing under their District banner. They currently serve as EPs on NBC’s SUPERSTORE and Freeform’s THE BOLD TYPE. ABC Signature, a part of Disney Television Studios, is the studio. Elias Gertler brought the project to the company and will oversee for The District.

Gudsnuk was represented in the deal by the Jason Yarn Literary Agency and Alex Ebel was represented by Alex Creasia of Pathfinder.

Sweet. Time to list some books.

1 Like

Freeform…a network nobody watches.

Sell on news regardless.

Sold my copies so long ago but checked various sites and got one copy for cheap in solid condition heading my way to sit on in case the show gets made and is popular.

1 Like

Just sold my #1 to Steven Seagle the comic writer

Free form is Disney

I’ve been told that Steven Seagle is Hard to Kill. But he was Out for Justice because his creative freedoms were Under Siege. Luckily he is Above The Law and he won’t soon be Marked For Death, unless he enters the Dark Territory too.

2 Likes

I have #1 signed and two variants for #1 with super low print runs

Well played sir.