"Heroes don't do that" - Harley Quinn writers talk about a scene they had to cut

Here’s a funny piece of trivia. DC asked the Harley Quinn showrunners to cut out a scene that would have involved Batman going down on Catwoman. Granted, they don’t mention if it would’ve been explicit (and considering the show has many implied jokes, it probably would’ve been an implied joke scene), but it is funny to think that Batman can’t do this for fear of not selling toys.

Here’s the excerpt:

“It’s incredibly gratifying and free to be using characters that are considered villains because you just have so much more leeway,” says Halpern. “A perfect example of that is in this third season of ‘Harley’ [when] we had a moment where Batman was going down on Catwoman. And DC was like, ‘You can’t do that. You absolutely cannot do that.’ They’re like, ‘Heroes don’t do that.’ So, we said, ‘Are you saying heroes are just selfish lovers?’ They were like, ‘No, it’s that we sell consumer toys for heroes. It’s hard to sell a toy if Batman is also going down on someone.’”

1 Like

Meanwhile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AywwA_rsP8

1 Like

I hated this. Ruined the whole Killing Joke adaptation for me. And yeah, it’s ridiculous that this was cool but an inference about oral in the Harley series is forbidden.

Anyway, now we know why Selina couldn’t go through with marriage. :rofl:

“You made a woman meow?”

Gotta please that kitty sometimes :smirk:

Every time!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Memo to Batman: it’s much tougher to do through a leather costume.

1 Like

That’s why he has the mouth part exposed

It’s Catwoman’s leather costume that’s the issue. :joy:

I’m sure batman used one of his bat throwing things to gain access… :wink:

Had a laugh at this comment from Bleeding Cool

How can Batman be the world’s greatest detective if he can’t find the clit?

2 Likes