His Ultimate Fallout 4 A Good Investement?

Markets work, typically, in peaks and valleys. UFO4 is a good investment, but now is not a good time to buy, as we are at a peak.

2 Likes

I knew it was gonna be big.

1 Like

I would not buy off of Ebay right now but would look to brick and mortar shops. Now that many are re-opening one might be able to find the book at a good price since it has literally been going up every day. Even a dealer in the know might be willing to work out a pretty good deal if they have one that was previously sitting before the nuclear fire was lit under Miles feet.

Ive been eyeing an EOSV2 1st at a local shop. The price was a bit high a few weeks ago, but it may be a good deal now. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Depends on how much time they spend keeping tabs on current prices :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just passed on a 9.8 at my shop a week and a half agoā€¦they tend to look prices up though and it was just before the heatā€¦could have had it for about 4-5 hundred. I know if I ask this week, they will look it up again and be out of my range.

Could of, should have, would haveā€¦uggg.

Itā€™s a super small shop and the owner, and sole employee, is not current on the market at all. The book has two colour breaks near the top staple. Itā€™s prob a 9.4 at best, so, that has been holding me back a bit. There is def some money to be made from that book, if the price is right. I wouldnā€™t hold the 9.4 copy if I buy it, I want a high grade 3rd print for my PC. :wink:

:slight_smile:

You might be surprised ā€¦ I know several people that pre-unemployment were taking home around $800 a week ā€¦ their unemployment checks were normally $375 a week or so, but with the $600 extra, they now are banking $975 a week ā€¦

As far as the investment potential of UF4, no one has a working crystal ball ā€¦ you spend your money and you take your chance ā€¦ or not ā€¦

Itā€™s like Walking Dead #1 ā€¦ I donā€™t know exactly what the peak price was for a slabbed high grade, but, Iā€™d venture to guess many if not most that had it then now wished they had sold it ā€¦

On the other hand, UF4 in 50 years may be the equivalent to Amazing Fantasy #15 ā€¦ who knows ā€¦ If I could predict the future, Iā€™d be sitting at a bistro in Tuscany sipping a fine wine with my lunch, getting ready to head back to my villa in my Maserati ā€¦ :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there are cases where some who were making very low wages are making more but I doubt most are going out and buying up comicsā€¦ One would think theyā€™d be smart enough to stash for the rainy day but then again, thatā€™s why we have social securityā€¦ for all the knuckleheads who donā€™t save up for retirementā€¦ :wink:

A lot of people have already echoed the sentiment that it was undervalued and I agree. I will say though, that when I worked at a comic shop in the town that I went to college POC would happily pay market value for a Spider-Man that better represented them. Itā€™ll definitely drop, but I donā€™t know by how much. I like the Edge comparison, but that was never a book that moved as quickly for me. I really feel like itā€™s hard to undersell the value of representation in comics. Miles is a modern character without the cringe worthy dialogue of a Luke Cage or Blade first appearance, and heā€™s also Spider-Man. Not spider-person, spider-first name or spider-adjacent. Also, because of his media exposure, for young kids like my son heā€™s synonymous with Spider-Man. If my son wants to see Spider-Man on TV l, and I try putting on something with Peter heā€™ll say ā€œno, I wah Milesā€. I think itā€™s hard to overstate what a big deal that is, and while I agree there will be lows, I donā€™t know that theyā€™ll be all that low anymore. It took me a long time to snap out of insisting he was over valued, and as a huge Spider-Man fan, boy, am I glad I bit that bullet back at 15.00 instead of more. If the value dips enough for me to swing it Iā€™ll be doubling down on my belief in Miles and looking to get a proper 9.8 instead of the likely 9.6 raw copy I have now.

1 Like

That sounds like a comment from a 1%er ā€¦ I donā€™t know how it is in your neck of the woods, but around my area, $800 a week take home is considered pretty good coin, not ā€œvery low wagesā€ ā€¦

Saving has nothing to do with brain power ā€¦ there is a distinct line in our Country between the haves and the have nots ā€¦ believe it or not, most folks go paycheck to paycheck ā€¦

1 Like

Oh donā€™t get me wrong, I live in Austin. Itā€™s probably the most expensive city to live in in Texas. I know a lot of people struggling as middle class and upper middle class. Rent is absurd here. There are 2 bedroom houses that go up to 2k a month just to rent, my mortgage on a 3 bedroom is $600 less than thatā€¦

I can tell youā€¦ $800 a week wonā€™t cut it here in Austin and if you are managing to live on $800 a week, bravoā€¦ youā€™re doing the near impossible.

Buying comics is stashing if for a rainy day if youā€™re good at it, has better returns than the stock market.

1 Like

My roommate just got his unemployment through after 3 months of trying sent him a check for $16,000 and thatā€™s not even half his unemployment benefit which is going to be furthered extended in the next stimulus package. I told him to buy AF #15 but he bought a hot dog cart instead.

2 Likes

I think people who collect comics for future investments are in very small numbersā€¦

My comic investments are not even mine they all transfer ownership to my 1st born when sheā€™s 30 Roughly 20 years and 2 months from now

My youngest son (23) is absolutely cashing in. He is getting ā€œunderemploymentā€ from the hospital he works at. Still works about 12 hours a weekā€¦get the unemployment benefit and the additional $600. More money than heā€™s ever had. Heā€™s as frugal as they come though so that is good. Only thing he tends to buy is nice tennis shoes lol. He bought me a killer gridwall panel and shelves for my man cave though for Fatherā€™s Day!!! :slight_smile:

I will tell you this thoughā€¦ in talking to him and many of his friendsā€¦someone needs to inform many of these folks that the tax man will come a calling. Quite a few of his friends wonā€™t listen to advice and arenā€™t having taxes taken out ā€œIā€™ll worry about that when I need toā€ā€¦ORā€¦they donā€™t understand it will be pushing them into a different tax bracketā€¦OR giving them enough income so that they wonā€™t qualify for varied finanical aids/other things next year.

Iā€™m luckyā€¦my son listens to me and actually has a really good head on his shoulders. Iā€™m blessed.

They are only going to tax the actual unemployment benefit you make the $600 bonus wonā€™t be taxable.

Just for the record, those who are applying for unemployment now are not seeing the $600 any longer (well, at least in my neck of the woods)ā€¦ I know someone whoā€™s on furlough who applied for unemployment and is only getting the bare minimum from the state.