Hit Monkey show

Its about some Assassin being sent to kill someone and he does but the people who hired him turn on him and wound him so he escapes into the jungle where he runs into monkeys who heal him, then the people after him show up and kill the monkeys and him and all but 1 monkey survives and he goes on a quest for revenge

1 Like

It’s all good. There’s definitely a fanbase for it.

1 Like

This might be of interest to the right high roller out there:

https://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=31058&ArtistId=281

1 Like

Geez that’s a lot of chains to draw…

1 Like

I used to love Adult Swim. It introduced me to among other things ATHF & Frisky Dingo. If you like Archer then Frisky Dingo is great and was made by the same people. I’m still hoping for a conclusion to the series. Along with a bunch of Anime including my favorite Bleach. So Adult Swim was the shit but I don’t have cable and it’s past my bedtime.

1 Like

I loved Frisky Dingo so much. We only got two amazing seasons…and that spin-off attempt that didn’t go anywhere.

1 Like

Boondocks and venture bros were probably my favorite adult swim shows ever

1 Like

Longer trailer. Looks like they are sticking quite closely to his origins from the comic book.

Show is out on hulu now

1 Like

Is it good?

I thought episode 1 was very good. Jason Sudeikis is the voice of the main guy and Olivia Munn is the voice of the main lady so that helps.

I’ll continue to watch for sure

I do like Jason Sudeikis, that is a, “Plus,” to me maybe watching.

If you a fan of Jason you might enjoy his show Ted Lasso he plays that
character really well.

Gonna have to check out Hit Monkey for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve heard nothing but good things about, “Ted Lasso,” but we lack Apple TV/Apple+ or whatever it is currently called. We have so many streaming services already buying another seems absurdly excessive.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat… I got Hulu and Disney+, Netflix and Amazon and now HBO Max… all this shit is costing as much as cable tv that provided them all at one time…

1 Like

Binge watched it - Crappy premise, animation is OK, started off somewhat interesting but then degenerated into a repetitive, predictable series of episodes. Jason Sudeikis is always entertaining. I guess Hulu is setting it up for a Hit Monkey in USA series. I would say some of the comedic elements of the show were good, but overall I would rate it a C.

To be fair I didnt expect much from the show anyway ! It delivered.

Starting on Y the Last man now - 5 episodes in, slow roll but still holding my interest. I can see where people are burned out on the ‘end of the world, humanity in distress’ tropes.

1 Like
1 Like

I forgot about that show. It was decent, I heard?

Enjoyed season 1 Jason Sudeikis was funny… if you are a fan you can also check out his other show Ted Lasso which was enjoyable also

Looking forward to season 2

Season 2 premieres in July