Holiday shipping delays

Oh, sucks more for the buyer as they’ll have to likely pony up and buy again if refunded.

1 Like

I have the same exact thing going on. The seller shipped on the 25thor 256th and it has been stuck since the 4th. I filed a report with USPS and a rep called me back saying because of Covid and the Christmas season everything is screwed up especially on the east coast. She told me this is wide spread and I should be getting my package at some point…We’ll see.

1 Like

I have three slabs being shipped to me. Expected delivery date of 12/4. I think they’ll find these, but it might not be for a month.

1 Like

I have a feeling most are not lost…they are just sitting in lots and lots of USPS trailers at all the major facilities.

2 Likes

Agreed. I know things can (and do) get lost, but based on the news, images, and things the managers have told me…there are just massive amounts of cargo containers sitting with no way to get to them.
The only thing that really bugs me is them telling me there is no real “first in /first out” system in place with mail? That just seems absurd. So, this time of year, if our containers are buried behind newer ones… they’ll never get to them.

I know it’s unreasonable, but perhaps if they are that far in the weeds…stop acceptance for a day or two to get a breather/catch up. Pipe dream I know.

I’ll mail a book as media mail and it takes 3 days, inexplicably. Then a priority package takes 2 weeks. I’ll have two first-class packages going to somewhat-nearby destinations and once will get there lickety-split, the other takes forever for no apparent rhyme or reason. It’s madness, I tell ya, madness. Thank goodness my mailman is an awesome guy who likes chatting comics with me and handles anything coming to me with care and anything I send out gently too. Now, before stuff is in his hands or after it leaves his hands, all bets are off…

1 Like

The item I sent to Atlanta on November 27th finally arrived on December 10th. I have removed most of my listings today and will wait until January to start listing again.

Missing slabs showed up today in great condition. So far, the delays in shipping haven’t translated to damages. Just a longer ship time.

2 Likes

Delays and damages here. Going back. Not bagged or boarded, in a flimsy bubble mailer.

Imgur

Imgur

Ebay or who sold this?

eBay. Wasn’t sure if I should put seller here or in other thread. Having to mail back to get the refund. So not very impressed on having to wait on it after it took so long to arrive. Luckily it isn’t a large purchase so the wait won’t hurt, just principle of it all.

1 Like

Call them out. Anyone who sells comic books or anything that is easily damaged should know better. No excuse to send them like that. Just lazy and ignorant when it comes down to it.

2 Likes

Seller is lyjcr76. Was surprised they showed up like this with the seller having 100% positive feedback. I’ll leave feedback once I get my refund, if it lets me, as I don’t want any shady stuff happening if I leave negative now.

1 Like

I mailed a package two day priority mail and its been over a week and it hasn’t moved.

just hope it gets there.

I have one stuck package coming in from 11/30, but everything else ordered around it has arrived. The vagaries of what is delayed and where can certainly be frustrating!

yeah thats the big problem, the inconsistency

1 Like

The big ole Storm that is going to hit the East Coast this week is just going to add to the issues.

1 Like

I think what’s likely happening is on the days they get overwhelming number of packages, they’re pushing what they can’t process off to the side and then it just gets deeper and deeper, so some of the latest packages are getting processed while they’re still attempting to go through the packages shoved off to the side… while likely still adding some to the pile…

2 Likes

Ugh, we’re now in the 17” band and my snow blower needs a new fuel switch. I’m panic shopping today for one.

I truly believe they should have been very up front/transparent, and initiated a stop on mail. Of course there could be exceptions, but a two day freeze or something to get themselves out of the weeds. I get that it means lost revenue/a public confidence hit, but what is worse to be honest…having millions of packages not getting where they need to be and lost (and the resulting complaints/time spent handling tickets and complaints/insurance claims) or the upfront criticisms.

I really do feel for the postal workers though. They are getting beat up over a systems problem that should not be such a mess.
There is zero excuse for a massive system like the USPS that doesn’t have a form of First in/first out when it comes to mail.