Holiday shipping delays

I sent 11 comics in for the Kevin Eastman signing on Thursday, as of this morning the USPS finally scanned it at my local post office. I was worried for a bit that someone grabbed it out of my mail box. I usually don’t worry about that since we are so far back in the neighborhood and nobody ever comes back here.

What part of the country are you in Ein? In Maryland I am in the 8-10 inch area. We have a long drive way too. Gonna park the cars end to end to take up some of the space. I wish I had my Jeep now (going through a re-fi and then buying one) but am getting a new fence installed as we speak so fortress d’CHU can be more secure.

2 Likes

Western Mass between Hartford and Springfield. (Just east of the darker lavender blob that crosses the MA/CT line)

There’s a pandemic out there… there’s no reason to “drive” around and go places… I’ve only had to fill up my gas tank in my car like 3 times since March and one of those was a visit to Houston that requires a little more gas… :wink:

The lesson here is Poyo is full of gas.

Only when I eat a lot of peanuts… peanuts make me extra gassy. I’m gonna eat nothing but peanuts next NYCC we attend just to torture you.

1 Like

One other little thing…Chistmas Eve is also now an additional Federal Holiday per recently issued Executive Order. Yet another impacting factor.

Still don’t mean companies gotta let people have the day off though, only federal employees are guaranteed… but I can’t think of the last placed I worked that didn’t already give people this day off… the two weeks around x-mas and the first should just be mandated vacation, everyone take 2 weeks off… nothing gets done anyways when people are working…

My post was really in regards to/referring to impact on Federal employees alone…reason being it’s the Feds that manage the USPS.
Also, it still doesn’t guarantee the day off even if you work for the Fed (I’m one of em).
I’m just saying that it is yet another factor that could very likely impact the mail situation depending on agency implementation of the order.

Alright. So no mail on Christmas Eve, a snowstorm is coming, and the rate of packages is even higher than most holiday seasons as that is on top of a COVID-19 pandemic resulting in more mail. Sounds like a great time to ship something…

1 Like

Oh for sure… who cares about mail on Chistmas Eve though… that’s when I drink too much spiked egg nog and pass out around 7pm anyways…

4 Likes

So far I haven’t had any issues with my packages lately. I am taking my foot off the accelerator until after Christmas tho. And as for sending books to cgc yikes. I plan on sending in to the Eastman signing too but there will be plenty of time in January to get that done.

I am still going full speed ahead. Gonna make sales off the guys who have taken stuff off eBay. I hope.

Oh I’m not completely out. Managed to sell 2 solid bloods today $19 and $20

Well I started opening cases yesterday online with USPS and sending the information to my ebay customers. I still have about 25 items in transit too. I did about half yesterday and will finish the rest today. I went to the post office today and was told that things will clear up in about two weeks. A lot of postal workers took off because of Corona. From what I understand most of these workers will start returning back to work. I will wait until the shipping issues clear up before I list anything new on eBay.

The package I was waiting for since 11/25 was finally delivered on Wednesday of last week. No damage either. took almost five weeks. Glad I paid for priority. (rolls eyes) Hopefully Mr. E does bigger things down the road. Found his first and some other comics for $2. The Marvel Spotlight #9 is at least a 9.4… before a press.

I swear to God, shit I’ve mailed media mail is getting places faster.

Not literally feces, of course. That doesn’t qualify for media mail.

1 Like

I just tested the media mail thing. Guy bought a cheap trade from me which I packaged up and shipped. He later bought a comic from me which went out first class. Gonna see which gets there first.

1 Like

Do tell! My first class seems to move at a steady rate. Priority is just slammed, however.

1 Like

Priority seems to be what is log jammed. My priority books are moving slow. International, forget about it.

1 Like