I Like What I'm Reading (Books, not comics)

I’ve been reading a whole lot lately but not actual comics. Figured it’d be fun to start a topic on what others are reading that isn’t comics or graphic novels but can be novels, fiction, non-fiction, etc.

I just finished Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline finally after I bought it long ago and was sitting on my shelf.

In the past 2 weeks I’ve also finished reading:

Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
The Age of Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff (Audible Version)
The Feather Thief: : Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century by Kirk Wallace Johnson

Next up is The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursala K. Le Guin followed by Dark Matter: Century of Speculative Fiction From The African Diaspora by numerous authors.

3 Likes

She wrote my favorite book of all time, “The Lathe of Heaven.”

1 Like

I’m currently reading 1984 by Orwell. Holy crap.

2 Likes

Too dang funny! I just finished, like yesterday, reading Armada. Great book…my brother said I should read it. I have not read any of his other stuff…yet, but did watch Ready Player One and I thought it was pretty decent.

Like always, the book is way better. I was actually disappointed at first with the movie, because they changed so much from the book. But after watching it a few times, I grew to appreciate the movie as well but still not as good.

Armada was good too :+1:

Awesome list of books so far. A few comments on the ones I’ve read:

Ready Player One was a fantastic book. Meh movie. I have Ready Player Two on the shelf, but the reviews weren’t great so I haven’t started. Armada is solid.

Ender’s Game is a top 5 for me. Again, the movie is meh.

1984 - YES. So good

Left Hand of Darkness - read this a billion years ago, and I struggled to get into it. But, it’s won all of these awards, so maybe it was just me.

One I’d recommend if you haven’t read it is Fahrenheit 451. So many of the scary trends of 2022 are spelled out in this book from 1953. The dumbing down of humanity is really the theme of the book.

It’s a bit slow at the beginning but picks up. I enjoyed it. First one was better but I enjoyed the twist this one took…

Read the new Vanish from Donny Cates and Stegman. Actually was quite enjoyable.

I had the opportunity to read it too, but haven’t jumped on it yet. When a physical copy comes out I’m gonna get it for my friend who loves (most of) Cates’ work.

Did someone say Luda?

index

1 Like

“Word of Mouf,” was a fun LP.

1 Like

You can buy a signed copy of Luda through that link.