I Like What I'm Reading (not spec'ing, but like actually reading)!

Katie Skelly’s series of comics, “The Agency,” is going to be collected in hardcover with new material. It was an assortment of webcomics and some printed ones that were gorgeous, often a bit racy, and quite fun. There was a softcover collection but it sold out long ago. I know I’m gonna get myself a copy!

1 Like

I am really liking The Riddler Year One. I’m super impressed with the vibe created by Paul Dano on this one. DC’s Black Label seems to be really good consistently. I’m mostly down to reading Black Label stuff and indies. Any time I crack open a new Marvel book, I’m so thoroughly disappointed.

I think they’ve tried this in the past, but does Marvel do any Black Label-esque stuff worth reading?

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware, besides Alien and Predator.

1 Like

Marvel Max was like Vertigo and Black Label, sometimes. The original, “Alias,” or, “Terror Inc.” I think it was called was zany. And, “Destroyer,” etc.

Currently reading Wonder Woman Historia from the DC Black Label. It’s about the Greek Gods and the origins of the Amazons.

Beautiful art, wonderful colours and creative lay-outs. An intriguing story too. Thoroughly recommended, especially to those who like the Wonder Woman mythos. (She’s not actually in the first two books as it is set far back in time).

is that the magazine-sized series?

Yes it is. It’s perfect for the epic art. A visually beautiful book, with a hard-hitting story.
WW Historia

1 Like

As a horror fan, Where Monsters Lie #1 was a fantastic read. Checked off so many boxes. Bunch of slashers living in a protected neighborhood. Hit so many archetypes in the story.

2 Likes

It’s my favorite read that released this year so far. Definitely getting the next issues.

It was fantastic.

I got the hardcover book 1 of Human Target (newest volume). Covers issues 1-6 of 12. The first half is really fantastic. Another DC Black Label great read. It made me intrigued about Ice, a character I didn’t know much about. Turns out her first app is Justice League International 12, and it’s basically a $5 book. Gonna have to grab a copy, just because of how well they write/draw her in this. Gotta hunt for issues 7-12 in cheap bins.

5 Likes

Hit a dollar sale event today, and found these in one of the first boxes I looked through. Well, ok then. That didn’t take long.

Thanks for the heads up on Where Monsters Lie, great concept and read. There was a lovely James Stokoe variant for issue 1. Now looking for a Moon variant for Issue 2. Not many issues on EBay in the UK at all. On a different note, I have been enjoying Parker Girls from Terry Moore. I used to love Strangers in Paradise but stopped following when I got out of comics for a while. Picked this new series up and it’s been A great thriller type set up so far. And I particulartly like this cover.

2 Likes

Parker Girls is great but I am biased, I love all Terry Moore’s work.

2 Likes

I dunno where to categorize this but it’s a good read about one of the many things that make a memorably good story.

3 Likes

Final issue of, “Human Target,” was a nice closer to a great series.

1 Like

Greg Smallwood did a phenomenal job on this series, too.

1 Like

Anyone reading Clear by Snyder? It’s a 6 issue comixology digital series that Dark Horse is now printing in three double issues.

It’s now the easy front runner for book of the year, in my opinion. Great story (has movie/series written all over it), phenomenal art, great covers. It’s just an A+ book. I liked it so much that I’m going to track down the other covers.

2 Likes

sounds interesting, will give it a shot

I just read it last night. Big first issue for the money. I thought it was decent.