I Like What I'm Reading (not spec'ing, but like actually reading)!

Yeah, I really appreciate the double issue size for $5/6 depending on cover.

The story feels sorta Blade Runner meets Ready Player One.

Has anyone read Dark Ark by Cullen Bunn & Juan Doe? I’m picking up a hardcover and was wondering what people who’ve read it thought about it. Seems like a really interesting premise.

1 Like

I read it and liked it at the time. I am not a huge fan of Doe’s simplistic art style on most things (I did like it on American Monster)

1 Like

Doe did a really fun Fantastic Four one-shot years ago.

1 Like

I just put up a post on my own site about how much I dug the first issue of, “Superman: Lost.” I’m a big fan of nearly anything Christopher Priest writes, however.

3 Likes

I read it when it first came out. Definitely a fun twist on the Noah’s ark story

1 Like

Just read W0rldtr33 #1. Damn. Super violent. And, the most nudity I’ve seen in a comic. But, the story is incredibly intriguing. Tynion’s got another hit here in the making.

2 Likes

Just finished Human Target. A+ read in my opinion. Amazing story and perfectly matched art. So good.

3 Likes

Yeah, top comic of recent years.

I’m enjoying Once Upon a Time at the End of the World (OUATATEOTW). Even the abbreviation is a mouthful. Written by Jason Aaron.

I just got done reading the preview copy of Something Epic #1 fun read, real Ready Player One feel here.

1 Like

Just finished reading Where Monsters Lie. Very good read. It Set up a volume 2 very nicely and I hope it comes out. Highly recommend!

1 Like

I’ve read the first 3 issues and love the series. I’ve got the fourth sitting ready to be read shortly.

I have finished the series and liked it as well. The killers all living together was a nice story, bit of twist ending.

I’m rereading Planetary by Ellis & Cassaday!! Just as good as I remember it. It’s also a book I pickup every chance I get and have managed to track down a newsstand copy of the first appearance.

1 Like

This Hallow’s Eve book is really good so far. I enjoy this character A LOT! She is at least one good thing that has come out of a mediocre ASM run.

2 Likes

The Oddly Pedestrian Life of Christopher Chaos #1
I thought I would hate it after reading the previews, but I really enjoyed it. The first 3 issues are free on Tynion’s substack. Might end up being my favorite book of the year, but that’s just me. Also, it was promoted from a mini to an ongoing series.

3 Likes

Might have to give it a second chance, I didn’t feel it was my cup of tea either after reading the previews…

Midtown has the first issue signed by JT4 for cover price, if interested. Although, I think the site is currently down.

Speaking of which, a quick shoutout to @Anthony (crap… I THINK it was Anthony) for the heads up on JT4 signed books at Midtown. Grabbed a few. Arrived quickly and everything arrived in great shape. Midtown has been rock solid this past year plus.

4 Likes