Ice Cream Man #21 Exclusive(s?)

Saw this on CBSI, so I presume everyone else has seen it, but if not (they are also running a giveaway for a copy https://comicbookinvest.com/2020/10/22/ice-cream-man-21-box-of-comix-exclusive-variant/):

Box of Comix Ice Cream Man #21 exclusive

meh

Why even do an exclusive if it’s not going to be anything special.

2 Likes

I haven’t visited CBSI in a long, long time. It’s an absolute garbage site.

At least get some better artwork… it’s like that Comic Mint exclusive for We Live… just awful… awful…

1 Like

After Ice Cream Man 20 variant blew up, future issues will get hype

1 Like

It blew up because it was a cool/original concept. I’m shocked they haven’t announced a 4th print. That Seuss stuff is gold.

2 Likes

Since there’s gonna be more Seuss movies, Im surprised too.

They should just keep doing Seuss covers for additional prints until they’ve done them all…

2 Likes

It seems like they should have looked for other, related inspiration given that! (rather, than, say this one). A december one based on that old rudolf cartoon (the one with cornelius and the dentist elf) would sell I bet.

Yeah, a stop-motion photo cover!

Aftermath

Since those involved with the production had no idea of the future value of the stop-motion puppet figures used in the production, many were not preserved. Rankin claimed in 2007 to be in possession of an original Rudolph figure.[10] Nine other puppets—including Santa and young Rudolph—were given to a secretary, who gave them to family members. Eventually seven were discarded.[10] In 2005, the remaining two puppets of Rudolph and Santa were appraised on Antiques Roadshow ; the episode aired in 2006 on PBS. At that time, their appraised value was between $8,000 and $10,000. The puppets had been damaged through years of rough handling by children and storage in an attic.[11] Toy aficionado Kevin Kriess bought Santa and Rudolph in 2005; in 2007, he had both puppets restored by Screen Novelties, a Los Angeles-based collective of film directors specializing in stop motion animation with puppet fabricator Robin Walsh leading the project.[10][12] The figures have been shown at conventions since then;[13] they are expected to be auctioned in November 2020.[14][15]

2 Likes

Wow! That’s fascinating!

1 Like

HUP the Sorrentino B cover for Ice Cream Man 21 does look sick.