Image 30th Anniversary Special

Anyone pick up issue #1 ? Thoughts ?

Looks to some 1st appearances. Hopefully those characters branch out into their own books.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, cool cover, I believe it’s a homage to an older book. I saw it on foc and was on the fence on this one with the 5.99 cover price. Read through the short stories online and most were okay. Do you recall the last time an Image comics first character appearance was spec hot? The one I think of recently was the Skybound X anthology with Clementine and that didn’t really do anything in the short term.

I dont think this is “spec hot”. There is a character, Shift, for Radiant Black in it. Also OLD DOG will be getting a comic book series later in the year.

1 Like

Just would like to add that Shift has appeared in RB before. He cameos in Radiant Black #9, full appearance is (I’d say) Radiant Black #13, and also has an unmasked appearance in Radiant Red #2, which came out a week or two ago. He’s seems to be being built up as a major villain for this opening period of the Radiant Black universe

1 Like

Well shit. The solicits made it seems like his 1st appearance was in this. Reading the story, it would seem like this is his first appearance, but Radiant Black 13 came out 2 weeks ago… oh well.

This variant of the cover is a throwback to the old Marvel FOOM 3

2 Likes

Isn’t it funny how they originally created Image mostly because they were tired of Marvel’s shenanigans but yet now they’re copying what Marvel does all the time themselves… :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I know a lot of people thought the same, so thats why I figured I’d mention it here. If anything, this issue serves as his Shift’s origin and first chronological interaction with Radiant Black in the story. I think Kyle Higgins has said that no required reading will happen in the short shift comics published in “Image!” Anthologies, but rather give perspectives on different characters. But I wouldn’t be surprised if a twist or reveal is still made within the story.

1 Like