Iron Cat - Who's In The Suit?

It did, J

You know this

First prints still readily availableā€¦

Iron Cat #1 (of 5)
Iron Cat #1 (of 5) (Ron Lim Variant)
Iron Cat #1 (of 5) (Young Variant)
Iron Cat #1 (of 5) (10 Copy Villa Design Variant)
Iron Cat #1 (of 5) (Christopher Action Figure Variant)
Iron Cat #1 (of 5) (Momoko Stormbreakers Variant)

Just because a book gets a 2nd print, it doesnt mean anything.

Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #1 has a 2nd print. Nobody is buying 1st prints.

3 Likes

I know that. Whatā€™s odd is that they made a 2nd print when thereā€™s tons left at the distributor. I never said this makes it spec worthy.

Im assuming tons left of Banner of War Alpha 1st prints also. Marvel does 2nd prints without regard of the supply of 1st prints.

Marvel is just doing what we tell them we want (with our $$$). Later printings became more collectible these past years (because we decided they were). So, if they can pay a creative team once and get two books (or more) to sell from it, Iā€™m sure Marvel is glad to reprint every damn thing they put out. Iā€™m guessing overhead drops considerably with reprints. Anyone know if thatā€™s actually the case?

3 Likes

Yeah, 2nd prints donā€™t necessarily tell us anything and when they just use an interior page, overhead should drop. The 1st prints are already sold as far as their concerned, I guess.

Furthermore, 2nd prints arenā€™t usually announced 2 or 3 days before release on a book thatā€™s not even hot.

Marvel is playing us. Can you blame them?