Is Miles Morales still a thing?

Looking through my back issues, I found this comic that I bought when I 1st got in to comics in 2012. Still in the polybag unopened, still bagged and boarded, still in the top loader.

Is Miles Morales still going strong? I normally check prices of what it goes for on MyComicShop is going and bring it down just a tad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333811933703

1 Like

I think he is just getting started. I purchased two of these for $12.50 early this year. One I resold for $45 and the other one I got graded at 9.6. There will be more of a demand once he appears in a movie or tv series. Hopefully in the near futureā€¦

1 Like

I think your should check sales on eBay (vice what people are asking in MCS) to gauge what itā€™s worth.

Thing is with the black cover it is a very hard book to find in 9.6 and aboveā€¦what lies in the poly bag could be a spine riddled with ticks and rubbing around the stapleā€¦the waxy thicker stock cover is very unforgiving to blemishes.

1 Like

Yes. I had to get my pressed because the poly bag cause a crease that ran down the middle of the back cover.

I know how to check prices on eBay. My question was Miles still a thing.

I found out an interesting tidbit. Stan Lee signed 100 of them. It shows that only 55 of these comics with a signature have been graded.

December 4, (tomorrow) is my birthday so I think I will open it up and take a peek. If not, Iā€™ll send it off to get it pressed/graded. I did feel gently along the spine and it feels clean, but who ultimately knows.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/2355/Ultimate-Comics-Spider-Man-1/#1

Miles is hotter than Peter Parker nowā€¦at least with recent stiff. Peter is boring and needs better writing and a spark.

So Iā€™m not sure what you mean by a ā€œthing.ā€ He arrived and hit he big time as soon as the Spiderverse movie came outā€¦and his books have only appreciated in value with minimum back slide.he is a much of a thing than any of the classic characters. His book sells 40k copies a month as well.

Iā€™ve never been a negative sayer on here, but Iā€™m surprised weā€™re entertaining if ā€œIs Miles Morales still a thing?ā€ More so after reading ā€œ I know how to check prices on eBay. My question was Miles still a thing.ā€

Apologies if Iā€™m off here, but one, let alone two, just seem out of place here. Even more so combined.

1 Like

Like I said, I normally go off MyComicShop prices and then bring it down a tad bit as those items are on consignment. I donā€™t go off ebay sold prices as much.

Iā€™ve never been a fan of any of the Spider Man characters. I know his popularity spiked with The Spider-Verse that I have NOT EVEN seen yet.

Oh man, I encourage you to check it out. Itā€™s gorgeous - arguably the most ā€œcomic bookyā€ movie ever, visually, in the best way. If you have Netflix, I think itā€™s there.

1 Like

It was the first Spider-Man related movie made by Sony that didnā€™t suck donkey ballsā€¦ :wink:

Okay, I lie, the Andrew Garfield ones werenā€™t terrible. I think he made a great Spider-Man but not our typical Peter Parker. He was a bit too serious, we need goofy teenage Peter, which is why Tom Holland has nailed the character thus far.

I like the Tobey-led, ā€œSpider-Man,ā€ films! The first one with Defoe was fun, and the second one with Molina was great too. Basically, good villains.

I enjoyed the first one. I did like Molina in the second. The 3rd one was awful. Then after seeing Garfield and then Holland as Spider-Man, watching 30 something year old Tobey play him just ruined them all from the first time seeing themā€¦

Donā€™t forget his mostly stand-alone video game that just came out as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Miles definitely needs more of a villian rogueā€™s gallery

Did they mean 2023? 2024 is a ways away. I guess I could click the article but I already started writing this.

Plenty of time for all shops to sign up for exclusives!

1 Like