Is this offensive?

Not offended personally, but I would never say it & I can see why it would be bothersome to folks.
One of my areas of expertise is providing vocal therapy to transitioning Transgender individuals. The folks I’ve worked with have helped me see things a bit differently.

4 Likes

The jokes on him Disney already owned TMNT for about 6 months before they got rid of them over 20 years ago.

1 Like

I don’t know what the original conversion so I will not comment about it. But I don’t understand why people would spend their time living in hate when they could just live their lives. I don’t like attacks against people because their sexual presences, cultural background, political views or religious beliefs views.

3 Likes

They closed the thread at least temporarily. Someone did comment that political talk isn’t allowed. To me that’s a cop out. How is disparaging a group of people or pointing out that’s it’s wrong political talk?

1 Like

Nothin’ wrong with interspecies romance in a city where so many people have mutated into different animals.

3 Likes

I was waiting for someone to mention interspecies erotica. Such a great movie. Clerks 2 that is.

2 Likes

I was just about to make the comment

1 Like

I’m not offended, I find the comment tacky and ignorant. I feel more pity for them, however, that the most shocking, awful thing they could think about with a property getting bought by Disney is that some characters could be gay. It’s like, “Oh no, some company could buy this and make it gay, isn’t that bad, ya’ll?” Just seems like they are in the mindset of an ignorant 1990’s teenager. I didn’t say current-era teenager as I had that job working with teens and good God, kids today are a lot more open about their sexuality in regions that aren’t too conservative. Back when I was in high school we did not have any openly gay/bisexual/pansexual/genderqueer students. I feel bad for all the classmates I later realized were living in the closet when they would show their same-sex partners and spouses on Facebook years later now that we are all old.

2 Likes

I cannot believe I just read 29 posts on a comic spec site. Move along…

1 Like

I don’t have any opinion(s) on the subject one way or the other…BUT…

Just wanted to highlight that somehow a topic such as this, didn’t turn into a complete train wreck or political bash fest. I’m very proud of this community and even more so that a topic such as this has nearly 30 posts of civil dialogue. That’s unheard of these days. Especially on an internet message board.

Impressive! Most Impressive!!

Love you CHU

6 Likes

Yes, I have been monitoring to see if it goes off the rails. It hasn’t. Well done folks.

4 Likes

As have I. This topic is easy enough to stick to the guts of and not drag politics into…

2 Likes

Because CHU is an equal opportunity spec and website… any and all are welcome, age, sex, religion, sexual preference, etc, etc… The main rule is, Wil Wheaton said it best… “Don’t Be A Dick!”

6 Likes

wtfbbq

They ended up temporarily closing the thread and deleting both his and my comments. As we got into a bit as he felt he said nothing wrong and I can’t shut my mouth. I ended up getting a warning for taking the thread off topic.

I’d probably instead ask, “Is this acceptable?”

The answer is of course “No”. Thank you for saying something.

1 Like

TMNT #113 Sheena and Jennika :kiss: Sheena reminds me more and more of Leslie from Unnatural (by Mirka Andolfo).
yup

1 Like

I can’t get over the ear piercings. I’m always intrigued by interesting ear piercings and tattoos. I love to look at them on people but would never get a piercing or tattoo because I hate pain, needles, and pain caused by needles.

I had my ears pierced before… I really like tattoos as well… Even think they’re sexy on the ladies but have zero desire to get one myself… Wife has like 5 tattoos and asked me once if I wanted one… Nope! It’ll never happen. Not scared, just absolutely no desire.