Is this offensive?

Just looking for some feedback on a comment someone on another forum made. These aren’t my words and I find them offensive.

agree 100%… i dread the day disney decides to buy the tmnt franchise from nickelodeon

raphael and casey jones will be holding hands and realize it was meant to be :luhv:

I think it depends on what you find offensive about it. Are you offended by the idea Disney would change things (presumably) or are you offended by the idea of Casey and Raph together?

1 Like

I find it offensive because he’s insinuating there’s something wrong with being gay.

2 Likes

I’m not offended directly myself. I just find it sad that people focus on the stuff that doesn’t impact their life directly.

There’s nothing wrong with being gay. Like it or not, just keep it to yourself. What others do in the bedroom is nobody’s business but their own. Do whatever makes you happy I say as long as it’s not impacting others directly.

The real issue here is, a human and turtle being together in sexual relationship… that’s just not right… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But if the turtle can consent to the relationship, then so be it…

6 Likes

If I was gay myself, I would be slightly offended though. My mother is gay (I’m just happy she discovered her true self after she had me… ), so I feel bad for those who have to put up with such nonsense from the self-righteous bigots out there who think their views, traditions and whatever are held higher than others.

4 Likes

Im not offended by the comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

1 Like

I think we can agree that the original post is pretty stupid (and not your post but the one you copied). And it is stupid on so many levels.

3 Likes

Even morons are entitled to their opinions but sometimes opinions are better left to oneself I say. Some people just need to learn when to keep their mouths shut.

3 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from considering the heightened sensitivities in our society (a lot rightly so), but if this is all this person has posted, there’s not much context in terms of where they’re coming from here. It’s like when you text someone, your true message may not be conveyed and can be misconstrued. If this person was completely intolerant from previous posts, you’d definitely know what this statement means.

5 Likes

Agree completely - but just like there are stupid questions (despite what teachers always said), there can be stupid posts :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know… when they use words like "dread the day" and then go on to say two males are gonna hold hands, finding out they have feelings that go beyond just mutual friendship… kind of get the sense what their views are coming from… One can only assume they don’t like people being gay.

I can only say one thing, if you don’t like the thought of gay, then don’t be gay. It’s a very simple solution. This all ties back to, who cares what two people do in their own bedroom. And if you don’t like the thought of same sex couples kissing in public or holding hands, don’t stare at them then.

I don’t like seeing people who shouldn’t wear speedo’s with body parts hanging out on the beach but ya know, I just look the other way… very simple solution to a non actual issue.

5 Likes

Good point. Maybe I like to tend to believe the best in people. At the very least, the person should look into what they said and see HOW this could offend some people. What one person deems as not offensive can’t decide it’s not offensive for others. A lot of people need to look within themselves these days and understand that.

Jeez…this is getting a bit deep.

1 Like

I myself am not offended, but I find it extremely ignorant and could see how someone could be offended.

4 Likes

Haha… well, since my mom is gay and I actually know a lot of gay people, I have seen their side of things when it comes to hate and intolerance. The funny thing is, most of the time what they ignore almost offends me more at times. So yeah, this type of topic can get deep.

What’s really ironic is when the more outspoken bigots turn out to be gay themselves. Honestly, I think those who are the least tolerant and most outspoken against gay people are in denial of having a little homosexual tendencies or thoughts themselves… :wink:

7 Likes

We’ve definitely seen this before!

2 Likes

I guess my last thought on this subject is, if you spend most of your time hating something or hating others (sexuality, color of skin, religion, overweight, etc) that others do or have no control over, you must live a really empty, rather sad and pathetic life.

Hatred is exhausting. You’ll live longer if you spend less time not worrying what others are doing that doesn’t directly impact your own well being or life.

3 Likes

I’m not offended by the post. Like most others here, I do find the comment ignorant, thoughtless and unnecessary.
The comment does say more about the shallowness of the authors thoughts, then it says anything about any other sect of life, imo.

2 Likes

This is very true. I know I have never met a person that is both a happy person, and spews hatred all the time. Happy people don’t have time to hate.

4 Likes

It has to be utterly exhausting to be so terrified of different people all the time. Yeah, I think that comment is bullshit, and if I moderated that forum, I’d be having a talk with that person. You dread the day that two people find happiness in a way different from yours? Nope. That is just thinly veiled hate speech in my opinion.

“I dislike Batman” is an opinion. “I dislike gay people or black people or people other than me” is damaging hate speech, and there’s no place for it.

Sorry for the rant. I’m a fairly big fan of civil rights. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

imo people who focus on this type of thing are gay themselves but won’t admit it.