January Previews 2022 - Marvel Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of January Previews for Marvel…

Like the previous months, let’s just go ahead and get all those Star Wars out of the way since these are all musts for the most part.

Star Wars Titles

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #21:
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #21
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #21 (Artist Variant) Wobh
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #21 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Crimson Reign #3:
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5) (Anindito Connecting Variant)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5) (Warriors Dawn Variant)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5) (Pham Syndicate Variant)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5) (Rahzzah Knights Dawn Variant)
Star Wars Crimson Reign #3 (of 5) (Crain Enemies Dawn Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader #21:
Star Wars Darth Vader #21
Star Wars Darth Vader #21 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #19:
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #19
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #19 (Tarr Variant)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #19 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Halcyon Legacy #3:
Star Wars Halcyon Legacy #3 (of 5)
Star Wars Halcyon Legacy #3 (of 5) (Sliney Connecting Variant)
Star Wars Halcyon Legacy #3 (of 5) (Wu Variant)

Star Wars Han Solo Chewbacca #1:
Star Wars Han Solo Chewbacca #1
Star Wars Han Solo Chewbacca #1 (Shalvey Variant)

Amazing Spider-Man #238 Facsimile Edition is a book every Spidey fan should have in their collection, original that is but this is the next best thing I think. Still a pretty affordable book though if you ask me. When are we getting Hobgoblin in a Spider-Man movie? Not if or when, this book will explode.

Amazing Spider-Man #238 Facsimile Edition

Avengers #54 is a title we should probably be paying attention to. Seems like potential for new characters, changes and a lot of other things that could result into some spec plays down the beaten path.

Avengers #54 (Foreshadow Variant)
Avengers #54 (Liefeld Deadpool 30th Variant)
Avengers #54 (Smallwood Carnage Forever Variant)
Avengers #54 (Nakayama Infinity Sage Phase 2 Variant)

Avengers #54

Avengers Forever #4 is another Aaron Avengers title we should pay attention to as well. Bringing back characters from his GoT run could result in some fun reads and potential spec.

Avengers Forever #4 (Silva Stormbreakers Variant)
Avengers Forever #4 (Skan Infinity Saga Phase 2 Variant)
Avengers Forever #4 (Hans Carnage Forever Variant)

Avengers Forever #4

Captain Carter #1 (of 5) is a book I’m looking forward to. I don’t anticipate any heat but you never know right as firsts could be lurking within the story for this mini-series title.

Captain Carter #1 (of 5) (Nauck Headshot Variant)
Captain Carter #1 (of 5) (Pichelli Womens History Month Variant)
Captain Carter #1 (of 5) (Shalvey Infinity Saga Phase 2 Variant)
Captain Carter #1 (of 5) (Bartel Carnage Forever Variant)

Captain Carter #1 (of 5)

Dark Ages #6 (of 6) concludes Tom Taylor’s event and it’ll be interesting. I have yet to read this event myself but have been picking them up to read them all at the same time in one sitting.

Dark Ages #6 (of 6) (Hans Variant)

Dark Ages #6 (of 6)

Devils Reign #6 (of 6) is another event written by Chip Z. that is concluding. Another title I’m picking up and plan on reading the entirety in one sitting.

Devils Reign #6 (of 6) (Bagley Connecting Variant)

Ghost Rider #2 is a must for any Ghost Rider fan. Really digging these regular covers.

Ghost Rider #2 (Artist a Variant)
Ghost Rider #2 (Tan Carnage Forever Variant)

Ghost Rider #2

Hulk Grand Design Monster #1 is a concept I just absolutely love and really love this regular cover. Count me in…

Hulk Grand Design Monster #1 (Piskor Variant)
Hulk Grand Design Monster #1 (Momoko Variant)
Hulk Grand Design Monster #1 (Martin Variant)

Hulk Grand Design Monster #1

Punisher #1 is a must. Huge Punisher fan here and we need more Frank Castle.

Punisher #1 (Parlov Variant)
Punisher #1 (Su Variant)
Punisher #1 (Spoiler Variant)Punisher #1 (Souza Variant)

Punisher #1

Some other notables but not big on my own highlight picks as books to keep an eye on or for just the read are:

Thor #23
Venom Lethal Protector #1 (of 5)
Venom #6
Women of Marvel #1
Strange Academy #17
Reckoning War Trial of Watcher #1

1 Like

Wish they would do a serious movie on the Green Goblin, rather than try to do another variation of the Goblin in the movies ? Kind of like the Joaquin Phoenix Joker. I know Joker was not in continuity, and notwithstanding my pet peeve about the Joker being an arch-foe for the Batman, the movie was an interesting take on how the Joker was created, was well-acted/directed, and the movie made money to boot.
The Osborn character has so many nuances to it, and could be made into a movie by itself, in continuity ! I was similarly disappointed by both the Venom movies, and both the Venom and Carnage characters - so much wasted potential for great, money-making movies.

the captain carter will be her 1st appearance, where as that avengers book only had her on cover

1 Like

This is Captain Carter as Captain America right ? Not as Captain Britain in Exiles ?

1 Like

correct this is the disney+ what if version

2 Likes

So many Star Wars books and I’m just not familiar enough with any of them to make any kind of guess what to buy from a spec standpoint. I am getting the Crimson Reign Rahzzah variants cause they look cool. Would be nice if they ended up being worth a little something.

Definitely in on Avengers 54. New team being revealed and learning more about Avenger Prime. Hell. Maybe need to add a couple to my preorder.

Punisher 1. Yep.

Ghost Rider 2. Yep. Until I see what this new run is about I’ll be preordering them all.

Captain Carter. Sure. Not all that interested in it but I’ll add one to the collection for FOMO.

1 Like

If ASM 238 doesn’t come with tattoos, then it’s not a true facsimile copy…:wink:

1 Like

Wow just think you’ll be able to swap the facsimile tattoos for 1st print tattoo less copies

2 Likes

The Captain Carter has ratio variants as well.

2 Likes