July Previews 2021 - Marvel Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of May Previews for Marvel…

Just like last month, let’s just go ahead and get all those Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters out of the way since these are all musts for the most part.

Alright, we got through the Star Wars list. You’re just gonna have to go click and dig for the covers. I’m still debating if I’m gonna go after the Blueprint variants as they’re pretty awesome but since I’m buying pretty much 2 of every WOBH title out there already, gotta keep my costs low.

Now on with the rest of the Marvel picks for July…

Ms Marvel Beyond Limit #1 (of 5) is a new Ms Marvel title. I expect a lot more of these since the show is upon us. For you people who didn’t load up on her first appearance in Captain Marvel #14, Captain Marvel #17 (and the 2nd printing which is now beyond the affordable range) and Marvel Point One, now’s a good time to try and snag a deal while you can as I think we’re gonna see a new bump in those books value before they ever drop again. If you got these for cheap and need to cash out, well, you know soon enough might be a great time to dump.

Ms Marvel Beyond Limit #1 (of 5) (Momoko Stormbreakers Variant)
Ms Marvel Beyond Limit #1 (of 5) Miles Morales 10th Anniv Va
Ms Marvel Beyond Limit #1 (of 5) (Young Variant)

Ms Marvel Beyond Limit #1 (of 5)

Moon Knight #3. If McNiven keeps pumping out these awesome regular covers, there’s really no reason for Marvel to do any type of variants for this series. Make it happen Marvel, let’s do no store exclusives and no variants on a series for once. Do it and they’ll still come… I promise!

Oh my gawd, this Amazing Fantasy #3 (of 5) by Kaare Andrews is amazing. Also did the variant Amazing Fantasy #3 (of 5) (Andrews Variant) which is good but the regular wins me over.

I’m gonna really enjoy seeing all the Alex Ross regular covers for Black Panther #2.

Black Panther #2 (Lashley Miles Morales 10th Anniv Variant)
Black Panther #2 (Young Variant)

If there’s any event book you buy this year out of Marvel, I think this one by Tom Taylor and Coello is the one. I love Coello’s art and very underrated so hopefully this pushes him more into the spotlight.

Dark Ages #1 (of 6)
Dark Ages #1 (of 6) (Inhyuk Lee Variant)
Dark Ages #1 (of 6) (Gleason Stormbreakers Variant)
Dark Ages #1 (of 6) (Young Variant)
Dark Ages #1 (of 6) (Black Blank Variant)

Is it me or is Kaare Andrews art actually getting better and better over time. Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) gives us a pretty effing awesome regular cover by Kaare Andrews. I’m on board, just for the cover art alone.

Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) (Momoko Variant)
Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) Miles Morales 10th Anniv V
Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) (Young Variant)
Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) (Bustos Stormbreakers Variant)

Kang the Conqueror #2 (of 5). I like Kang. I like the stories about the characters that aren’t always at the forefront or super popular. Always seems like they put a lot of thought into the stories. So I’m down with this title.

Kang the Conqueror #2 (of 5) (Pacheco Variant)

Kang the Conqueror #2 (of 5)

It might not be my favorite High Republic title but I’m still buying them and enjoying them. If and when there’s a show, these are going to blow up I think.

Star Wars High Republic #9
Star Wars High Republic #9 (Pagulayan Variant)

Star Wars High Republic #9

I love a good Thanos story. Eternals Thanos Rises #1 hopefully fulfills me reading desires with this one shot. Lots of variants for a one shot.

Eternals Thanos Rises #1 (Ron Lim Variant)
Eternals Thanos Rises #1 (Coello Stormbreakers Variant)
Eternals Thanos Rises #1 (Todd Nauck Headshot Variant)

Eternals Thanos Rises #1

Thor #17 has been pretty uneventful since Black Winter. Here’s to hoping things start to heat up with this title as we all know eventually, it will.

Thor #17 (Nauck Miles Morales 10th Anniv Variant)

Thor #17

Any Ka-Zar fans from back in the day here on CHU? I use to read Ka-Zar long ago out of my older brothers collection. I’m down for checking this new title out that’s bringing him back to life!

Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5)
Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5) (Cabal Variant)
Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5) (Momoko Variant)
Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5) (Liefeld Deadpool 30th Variant)
Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5) (Silva Stormbreakers Variant)

Ka-Zar Lord Savage Land #1 (of 5)

Demon Days Cursed Web #1 (Gurihiru Variant) is another Gurihiru variant that I just absolutely love, for the cover art alone.

Demon Days Cursed Web #1 (Gurihiru Variant)

Definitely picking up Amazing Fantasy

1 Like

My Marvel picks, not including anything Poyo posted because I already pre-ordered all of those or added some I may have missed that he mentioned. I did not include links to all the multiple covers of each issue but recommend getting any variant you like that doesn’t say Liefeld, Romita Jr or Nauck headshot because if you like those you got problems, man!

That Daredevil #34 Checchetto cover is pretty sweet

Is it just me or is Previewsworld.com not showing DC FOCs anymore? I don’t think there is anything I want, but FOC is today.

Edit: Now that I ask, DC is on there again.

Yea DC is always on there but it shows up later since they have to take all the info from DC Connect and port it over to Previews. Stupid DC

Anybody know if Penguin RandomHouse has plans to create a similar type of service as Diamond’s Previews Pullbox?