Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of May Previews for Marvel…
Let’s just go ahead and get all those Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters out of the way since these are all musts for the most part.
- Stars Wars Darth Vader #15
- Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (Wanted Poster Variant)
- Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
- Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13
- Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (Wanted Poster Variant)
- Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
- Star Wars #16
- Star Wars #16 (Nakayama Wanted Poster Variant)
- Stars Wars #16 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #3 (of 5)
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #3 (of 5) (Wanted Poster Variant)
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters #3 (of 5) (Jtc Action Figure Variant)
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters 4-Lom Zuckuss #1
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters 4-Lom Zuckuss #1 (Zama Variant)
- Star Wars War Bounty Hunters 4-Lom Zuckuss #1 (Wanted Variant)
- Star Wars Bounty Hunters #15
- Star Wars Bounty Hunters #15 (Wanted Poster Variant)
- Star Wars Bounty Hunters #15 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
Now that we got all those War of the Bounty books mentioned, we can get on with the other highlight picks.
Avengers #47 rages on with World War She-Hulk. With Aaron writing, these will likely be entertaining reads.
Black Widow #10 marks the 50th issue for Legacy numbering for Black Widow. That’s surprising considering we are now on volume 8. After the new gal showed up in Black Widow #6, should watch to see how she pans out.
Defenders #1 I’m looking forward to. But what’s up with Doctor Strange’s face on this regular cover? I may have to go with one of the alternate covers for this one.
Kang The Conqueror #1 is either going to be great or a dud I think. I’m hoping it’s good though, I like Kang and I think it could be a cool title if the writing is on par. Marvel seems to have faith in this one with the amount of variants it’s got listed so far.
Moon Knight #2. Oh my, you know, I’m hoping for some bad ass Moon Knight story and writing but with McNiven doing the main covers, the insides could be complete dog shit and I’m still gonna gobble these up.
Look at this cover? I was probably just gonna buy 2 of these but I might just have to buy 4 of them. Why even bother doing variant covers when it’s going to be so hard resisting the regular covers. In McNiven We Trust!
Looking forward to the next volume of T’Challa in Black Panther #1. John Ridley writing means this could be some great reading material. It’s also a bonus if Alex Ross will be doing the regular covers.
Spirits of Vengeance Spirit Rider #1 is a pick up being a huge Ghost Rider fan myself. This Okazaki cover wins me over as well.
Winter Guard #1 looks fun. I had to do a double look too, for a second there I thought Batman was now at Marvel.
The trade that’s worthy this round in Previews goes to Star Wars Legends Boba Fett Blood Ties TP. No cover art as of yet.
You can browse all the Marvel Titles for June 2021 Previews here at TFAW.