Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3IAqm-gpE

2 Likes

Looks good. Gonna def watch it. :popcorn:

1 Like

Will watch, but nothing in the trailer really wowed me.

1 Like

I actually think Millars work that makes it to our screens are usually better than his writingā€¦

1 Like

Looks mediocre.

The, ā€œWanted,ā€ movie was 10X better than the comic.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I read or saw the movie. I can say the Secret Service which became Kingsman, I much more enjoyed the movie over the book, which seemed rushed and sloppyā€¦

Itā€™s been so long since I read Jupiterā€™s Legacy (the first volume) but the trailer brought back most of what I recalled, seems to be sticking to the plot. Some parts looked kind of cheesyā€¦ I might watch it, one dayā€¦ maybeā€¦ The Boys on Amazon still seems like a better quality show and story dealing with the superheroes genre.

I just purchased 10 copies of the 1:25 variant (@ ratio). I am betting that this show is more The Boys and less Millar movie spec. Going to put them up for sale the minute they hit my mailbox.

We shall see. Worst case scenario is my ā€œdead specā€ boxes overtake my basement. Lol

3 Likes

I am annoyed that I already sold all my original series stuff. You could get the incentives for rather cheap from Midtown when they do their crazy 75% off sales. I am sending my Empress ratios to be graded just in case it gets to the screen since Millar has a contract with Netflix

This show is pretty good in my opinion. I am on episode 6 right now and have been enjoying it.

I liked the first 2 episode. I thought it was gonna be a CW vibe but it wasnā€™t.
Non comic friends that have watched it said they liked it.
So thatā€™s a good sign.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty far in (maybe episode 7 or 8?), and my wife and I both like it. Not as gruesome as The Boys, more of a story and a bit more serious.

1 Like

I like it, but Iā€™m not a HUGE fan of it. I feel like, if you said Umbrella Academy and The Boys were Tier 1, this would be Tier 3.

1 Like

R.I.P.

1 Like

Yea just saw that on Twitter from Deadline

Dangitā€¦ well, it wasnā€™t super greatā€¦I spaced out through a lot of itā€¦ oh well!

Anyone else watch ā€˜Start Upā€™? That show is craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

1 Like

I enjoyed the first seasonā€¦sucks it is over before it really began. Millarworld not off to a promising start. Maybe Super Crooks can change thatā€¦ I just fear that everything is going to try and be a version of the Boys for ratings purposes.

I enjoyed it, but wasnā€™t amazing. Too bad they couldnā€™t tell the story they were finally setting up with the last episode.

ā€˜Jupiterā€™s Legacyā€™ Cancelled: Why Season 2 Was Killed at Netflix ā€“ The Hollywood Reporter