Killadelphia News Rodney Barnes Signs HBO overall deal

Deadline is reporting Rodney Barnes signed an overall deal with HBO. We went out on a limb when we originally reported that it was going to be optioned. Then when the official news came out the series heated up even more. It has cooled off a bit but being that Killadelphia was specifically mentioned in the article could be a great chance for some sales.

Copies of Killadelphia #1 can still be found in the $12-14 range.

3 Likes

It’s also a good read! I’ve been grabbing it since issue 1.

I’m surprised, given the option news on f Killadelphia, that this Scottie Young cover didn’t see any love. Killadelphia #7 Variant.

2 Likes

I’m typically not a huge Scottie Young fan but I made sure to grab that one on release day.

1 Like

Ditto. Scottie Youngs baby style is not for me, but, that is a nice cover. Scottie Young is also underappreciated for his normal interior/cover art, as opposed to his baby stuff. I love the black on red and the negative space use on this cover. It doesn’t hurt that the series may show up on HBO too. I’ll bet the cover has a relatively low print run given it is a B variant for issue #7 of an Indie book.

Agree on all.

I am not a Young fan either normally. However, I did grab this and have been grabbing other Young Variants as of late.

1 Like

Deal extended. Killadelphia tv show still in the works

3 Likes

Anyone still reading this title? I’ve been a big fan from the jump, but it has reached a point where it is almost unreadable IMO. In the last 4 issues, they introduced Spawn, then Savage Dragon, and now Blacula. There’s no explanation as to why or what they are even doing in the series. It’s such a bummer, as it was a great series.

It seems like they ran out of story, so they just started adding in bizarre characters every 2 issues.

1 Like

28ekg1

Say it ain’t so…

I only bought the Spawn covers, because they looked so cool. Other than that, I haven’t really followed Killadelphia. Had heard good things when the series first started.

Noir covers and some of the lower print issues at the start.

Scoring a deal with HBO is a big deal, no doubt about it. Even if the buzz around the series has settled down a bit, it’s still pretty cool to see it getting attention, especially with HBO backing it up.

It’s not a bad thing, for sure

Welcome back, @FitBoy !!