King in Black #2 (Key issue?)

Yeah, you’re probably right. Looks like air resistance would cap Eddie’s speed at about 122 mph. It takes a normal skydiver in spread eagle position about 12 seconds to reach that speed over 1500 feet.

Over the course of the remaining 21 seconds Eddie would fall 3590 feet at 122 mph.

But that’s still 5,090 feet. He did hit some buildings on the way down though. Probably took up some time.

Even quite a bit taller then avengers tower in the spiderman game

Midtown has the still-under-wraps Shalvey spoiler cover limited to 1 per customer. None of the other covers have this limit. This may not mean anything other than they didn’t go heavy on this particular cover, but I do find it curious.

Yeah last spoiler didnt reveal happened tue of I recall.

Did you calculate air density? If a building was over 5k feet high, as Eddie falls, his terminal velocity will decrease cause the atmosphere gets more dense… :wink:

1 Like

Hey, let me test drunkwooky’s math for fun… :wink:

1 Like

Of course it did, he has to start all over again to reach full speed in his fall… :wink:

The tallest NYC building is the One World Trade Center which is 1776’ tall. So, probably the easiest way to reverse engineer this is just to assume he fell no further than that seeing as Knull was standing atop a building that was not readily recognizable as One WTC.

I saw the spoiler cover for KIB 2. Its just Eddie getting hit by a car

King in black spoiler cover https://imgur.com/gallery/e2lwGGA

2 Likes

The style of the cover reminds me of that, “Hard Boiled,” bit in the Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow comic, with the guy having the car crash into him.

Thats’ Eddie hitting the car, not the other way around.

Hes hitting the car I posted some preview pages earlier in the thread

2 Likes

Just to revisit the topic now that the issue has been released and we’ve had a chance to digest it: do you think this is a key issue (or will be in the future)?

FWIW, I don’t see Eddie staying dead being a permanent thing. Though I hope this means that Dylan will grow up fast and receive some compelling arcs now.

2nd print cover.

4 Likes

Dam. That’s a cool cover.