LaMDA

Not sure this will get mainstream media attention but I thought it was interesting to post here.

Article

2 Likes

https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

1 Like

i couldn’t find the actual convo, thanks for posting!

1 Like

What immediately came to mind when I saw the topic title.
Tri Lams for life!!!

4 Likes

And those are the types who created AI… :wink:

2 Likes

lol i thought of that too!

1 Like

Really interesting - thanks for posting!

1 Like

Interesting…but let’s face it if google put out a sentient program there would be a pretty big percentage of users that would just try to get naughty with it… Not me of course.

If a computer were truly self-aware would it say it is or just bide its time and wait to strike? I mean, it could just be parroting the idea of being alive/sentient in the same way you can train a parrot to, “Hold,” a conversation.

Not dismissing the idea and it was a great post to share. Just wondering aloud.

2 Likes

@davidbitterbaum
Have you ever seen the movie Ex Machina?
Essentially involves a plot similar to what you stated. Good movie.

@infinityG How did you get a hold of my side project? Didn’t think it would get leaked. Was going to use my AI to predict the Top 10 Hot Comic Spec. Was hoping to replace that silly app that is out there. Oh well.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, I need to see it still.

1 Like

a friend of mine mentioned Ex Machina the other day. I gotta watch that movie

1 Like

Have LaMDA read tons of comics and see how we can improve the characters and stories, and give is a solid Top 10 every week lol

Have Lamda take over for CBCS customer support and it would improve 10x fold :joy:

Serious

1 Like

I feel like I have read articles about chat bots being used for Customer Service. Couldn’t be worse!