Later printings

For me, I sometimes like the varied spec and pump and dump talk simply because it clues me into books I really wouldn’t have known about otherwise. I typically refuse to overpay for most of the books discussed, but I at least have them on the radar at that point.

As long as I see an image/cover, I can usually recall the book during my hunts. I may not remember the specifics, but if I liked it/like it, I can then snag it.

A personal example, I really would love to find a few of the current Zdarsky Daredevil run later printings. I love the Punisher involved ones. Again, I won’t overpay, but I always have it on my mind to look for them.

4 Likes

My rule is to buy only things that Poyo doesn’t tell me to buy.

1 Like

That’s a good rule to live buy… you can save a lot of money and make a lot of money. :crazy_face:

I always…ALWAYS…buy later printings.

Yeah later printings and newsstands are only going to get more and more popular. I’m big into late modern newsstands but I always pay next to nothing. For the most part. I’ve done extremely well with selling both later printings and newsstands. It’s all about the rarest copy of a book. Whether it be a later printing, newsstand, price variants, etc.

1 Like

I got that Daredevil #10 at the comic-con I was gonna see if you had interest in it, forgot to message you. It’s a late modern newsstand.

1 Like

You know I’m cheap?! I’m actually trying to find #11 in newsstand. There was one on eBay but it’s fugly. Hold it til the Hawkeye show at least.

I was gonna see if you had a direct market copy you’d trade for the newsstand and throw in a bit of cash and I’d be happy, lol! I maybe should hold it though. I don’t have plans to get rid of the #9 you were kind enough to sell me anytime soon for sure.

1 Like

From my pc…

7 Likes

Damn. Indef missed that 1

1 Like

High roller!

Comichron estimates 2090 copies.

1 Like

some of those 2090 will be 1st print reorders

1 Like

I don’t think so, as the 2nd print came out the time of issue #3. And the previous month had about 3700 additional orders of the first print …that after the month before that having 39000. so I’m guessing that the month prior wiped out the 1st print supply, sparking the 2nd print.

It I am speculating. No one truly knows.

2 Likes

I believe the 2090 is the reorder number for the 1st print. 2nd prints arent on Comichron. Look at the other DC titles below 5,000. Superman 18, Batman Last Knight on Earth #3, etc…no 2nd prints…all reorders for the 1st prints.

I don’t think that is the case. You can track the subsequent printings of Naomi. That book sold out early and yet you would think it was re-ordered several months after when the “final printings” were being ordered…which is what you see on comichron.

Same with Canto. Sold out before release yet 3 months later copes still being ordered per comichron.