Local Comic Shop Day 2021

Starting a thread here for Local Comic Shop Day 2021 books. Set for Weds, 11/24.

I’m intrigued by this new Joy Operations title from Dark Horse. Here’s the LCSD cover for this title:

2 Likes

First three books officially announced:

JOY OPERATIONS 1, Dark Horse Comics From Peabody and multi-Eisner Award winner Brian Michael Bendis, this Jinxworld comic goes 55 years into the future and features Joy, who is an EN.VOI., a special agent of the Jonando Trust. Art by Stephen Byrne with a Tyler Boss variant cover.

CHUCK D PRESENTS APOCALYPSE 91 REVOLUTION NEVER SLEEPS, Z2 Comics . Limited print graphic novel. Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Public Enemy album, “Apocalypse 91: The Enemy Strikes Back”.

METALLICA SPECIAL EDITION, 10 Ton Press n Reissued to coincide with the 30 year anniversary of Metallica’s “Black Album”.

1 Like

@monopolyjackson spotted this one, too:

2 Likes

The rest…so far

IMO, the only one worth getting is Joy Operations. LCSD variant comes out on the same day as the regular #1. Also, the House of Slaughter #1 2nd Print book might be worth a buy.

The rest of the LCSD books come out AFTER the regular #1’s come out.

1 Like

I want that Metallica one. Any image release yet?

1 Like

I usually like LCSD stuff. Often a snazzy variant or two.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, that B/W Jae Lee House of Slaughter is going to be a hot one. Very cool.

just a b&w reprint of the 2nd print 1:10 variant…

house of slaughter and some of the other boom lcsd books are on tfaw just look up lcsd

I know, but SIKTC LCSD last year was just a 7th print reprint of the same first print cover. But that thing took off. People love these Jae Lee covers for SIKTC/HOS.

1 Like

That Magic cover’s pretty sweet! Is that a new series? One shot?

One-shot

All three look interesting. I love gimmicks like foil covers so I need one of those!

Is it always the day before Thanksgiving?

It used to be The Saturday before Thanksgiving I think, then for a while it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving and overlapped with Small Business Saturday. Then, at the start of COVID they moved it to the day before Thanksgiving. I think I’m right?

1 Like