Longest turnaround time for an order

I preordered a CGC 9.8 book from Mutant Beaver and I have been waiting close 8 months. Geez that must be a record since I still haven’t gotten the book.
What is everyone’s longest turnaround time for an order?

Thor #6 Momoko CGC SS ordered from Frankie’s comics on June 20. Still waiting…

1 Like

I preordered Amazing Spider-Man #47 Jeehyung Lee CGC Virgin from Frankie’s comics 25. July and canceled my order after 7 month waiting for shipment… the next comic Amazing Spider-Man #50 Jeehyung waiting since 5 month from Frankie’s comics you will maybe die before see any CGC Comics from Frankie’s comics

1 Like

6 years for a paid commission from a legendary… legendary creator :roll_eyes:

Did you get it yet or are you still waiting? Is it by chance a famous Moon Knight and New Mutants artist?

I got it last year finally. Nope… not a moon knight/new mutants guy, but I do know that guy too and the shenanigans associated which is why I haven’t even asked him

1 Like

Reminds me of when michael golden took awhile to send someone a commission and then sent him this…

2 Likes

The kicker is he misspelled virtue. :joy:

2 Likes

I just canceled my order for this last week. Tired of waiting…

1 Like

2 years for a commission by Ale Garza. When I finally got it in, I couldn’t stand to look at it because it pissed me off so bad

3 Likes

Geez i thought my 8 months was long. you guys are really patient.

1 Like

I kept on him. I stayed busy with work so every few months I’d ask. He would send some bullshit of progress. And then excuses came that he was busy with covers and interior arts. Threatened to report him and get my money back and thats when it showed up. He even through in a signed copy of his batman 50 cover. That went right to the trash.

I re-learned a lesson I already knew: Once an individual has your money, they have you and unless that individual is a standup guy/gal; they just don’t give a damn sometimes.

Businesses are certainly better because it’s their lifeblood (the consumer); but artists? essshhh… not so much sometimes.

2 Likes

Oh yea. One reason artists want that money up front also.

Have read so many horror stories about him. And yeah, that infamous Golden Dr. Strange. Great ways to ensure I will never commission either of them.

No matter how great the artist is… always do some research before putting up money. Edit: just saying this in general, not to pick on the folks here who were already burned by artists.

2 Likes

I currently have a small 6 SA book sub at CGC. They received, and signed for the submission on January 28th, 2021. The books were marked as ‘recieved’ on February 16th. Now I have an 81 day turnaround to wait through. Yeah. I sent in another 25 book copper and modern sub in last week. When it is finally received, it will have a 40 day turnaround. The race is on, lol. I suspect this SA sub will be my longest turnaround time. Probably close to 6 months from pressing to grading to back in my hands. Yeah. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I’d recommend using a third-party presser instead of CGC. Their CCS department is slow as molasses.

1 Like