Mail Price Hike (Possible)

I always figured that’s the loophole around getting them melted down at the metal scrapper… because from what I know unless it’s changed, you can’t take currency directly to the scrapper to sell to melt but it’s perfectly okay to use them in art and such, which those penny pressers do…

I was planning the same thing. I am going to stop selling the toys the last week of November. But I will keep the comics up, but not list anything new until January.

1 Like

Yes, it is legal to deface or alter metal currency for art, so those things that press images into pennies or that guy who carves quarters who is popular on Facebook are in the clear, despite people trying to claim it is illegal. Now, if you try to melt money for monetary gain or scrap it for metal value that is illegal. I think paper currency isn’t supposed to be defaced at all according to the law. Unsure.

You’re actually right, it’s not legal to deface or draw on paper currency as well. It’s done all the time though and it’s just something they don’t really seem to enforce anyways as it would be near impossible to trace back to who dunnit I’d imagine.