Market Slowdown?

Cates is always 20 steps ahead. I think it’s a very safe bet to assume that Black Winter will be back in a major way sometime in the next 24 months or less.

I knew right when I saw the spoilers for Thor #6 that the quick flippers will claim it dead (which they’re not entirely wrong, the quick flip spec has died and they’re going to move on to the next hot book) and offload their books while I already planned to keep some for the long haul. Black Winter made Thor a hit again within Marvel. It made Marvel a lot of money. Marvel/Disney likes money, they’ll bring the character back…

Quick spec flippers are once again like butterfly chasers in a Butterfly Pavillion… they’re easily distracted by the next big prettier butterfly that flies by…

4 Likes

When Cates runs out of ideas, that’s when Marvel lets him go…

Perfect description lol

Another important point is that in Thor #7, on the recap/title page it explicitly stated that Thor killed Galactus but has absolutely no mention of black winter. Pretty much confirming that he is not dead/gone.

1 Like

Good observation.

However you slice it, Cates isnt done with him. I predict we will see Heralds if Black Winter and spec will go wild again on this. Anyone wanna take a shot at the next name of BW herald?

1 Like

Bingo. When flippers cool investors buy. I apply the same rules from stock trading to comics. Works like a charm.

2 Likes