Marvel Changes Punisher Logo in New Series

2 Likes

Mehā€¦

3 Likes

So he changes his logo because heā€™s a warlord for The Hand (working for The Beast)? My guess is thatā€™s likely a temporary thing to fit the storyline then.

2 Likes

The logo is being used for political purposes, so it doesnā€™t surprise me that they want to change it a bitā€¦

2 Likes

That new logo just makes me think of these types of memes lol

:roll_eyes: :clown_face: :poop:

2 Likes

His logo should change with every new gig. A demonic skull for the Hand then a skull that looks like a burger bun with sesame seeds when he takes a gig at Burger King.

3 Likes

Donā€™t sleep on that Wendyā€™s Punisher skull with the pigtails

1 Like

Almost looks like cosmic ghost rider type of skullā€¦

Ugggā€¦I have had quite a few, very, very good conversations with friends and even non-friends about this topic over time. Almost always, in person, and in a respectful and open minded manner. Itā€™s funny as Iā€™m often pre-judged on what my thoughts would be on the matter because of my history.

Itā€™s a hard topic to discuss on forums/via written text. Itā€™s also a bit of tricky topic.

I am the Marine who proudly displayed that symbol during my service. But Iā€™m also a Marine who faced combat and whose life depended on trying to gain very single drop of confidence, arrogance, and intimidation that I could out of anything I possibly could. Iā€™m not typing this or saying this as a ā€œkeyboard warriorā€, killer, clown, killmonger, zealot, radical, or whatever else is typically, and immediately hurled at folks that say stuff like this.
When you are faced with the imminent threat of deathā€¦death by someone elseā€¦itā€™s scary. Like, puke your guts out, cry in the dark, pray to whoever you call God,and your mommy scared. You need something to hang onto. Maybe itā€™s the Cross? Maybe itā€™s a picture of your girlfriend/wife? your baby? something? anything?. The thing is though, you have to also get some courage, Gung-ho, confidence, and ā€œIā€™ll kill your ass before you kill meā€ esprit de corps out of somethingā€¦or your gonna just possibly go down in a heap of quivering flesh.
For me, I relied a bit on all of the above, but I also sported the hell out of that Punisher Skull. Made me feel like a bad ass. Scared the enemy. I was a young bright eyed kid who was scared to deathā€¦but the enemy didnā€™t know that. They knew they saw that damned skull and they knew what that meant. Think of it as modern day war-paint I suppose.

But hereā€™s the thing. Iā€™m not a Marine anymore and Iā€™m not in combat. I actually tend to lean a bit to the left these days. Iā€™m fine with the change. Iā€™d still be ok with a jarhead wearing it (but again, Iā€™m talking combat shitā€¦no way in hell youā€™d get away with that out of combat). 1st Sgt would have your hide. Frank Castle isnā€™t defined by that emblem. He sure as hell isnā€™t a ā€œgood guyā€. I guess people need to re-read Bornā€¦dude made a deal with the damned devil. His family was part of that deal. He was never deal a raw deal other than the one he accepted. He cheated deathā€¦and like Paul stated in ā€œThe Green Mileā€ā€¦ We each owe a death , there are no exceptions,

I still like the emblem. It reminds me of those daysā€¦the good and the bad. It still makes my old man chest swell a bit with pride. Frank is a damned ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦so were most of the Marines I know. You need assholes in combat though. We donā€™t need these clowns out in society thinking they are judge and jury. Big difference to meā€¦huge. Iā€™m embarrassed by much of what I see from many former military. Hurts me to say that.

I do find it funny the focus on that emblem though as taking it away really doesnā€™t change anything other than optics. The idiots will still be wearing it. It wonā€™t be promoted by Marvel is all. Society loves them some anti-heros and vigilantes. We celebrate John Wick, The Equalizer and tune in en masse to Dexter.

Bah, writing this out stinksā€¦much rather talk over a beer or soda. I hope you can understand what I was trying to say. I truly hope I didnā€™t offend anyone either. Not my intent.

Oh, and if they are going to change the symbolā€¦either make it look cool or do away with it all together. Whatever that symbol isā€¦itā€™s a hot mess. :slight_smile:

Ohā€¦alsoā€¦Iā€™m a complete hypocrite , as I really wish there was a Punisher who could get his hands on the idiots who robbed my childrenā€™s home as they returned home with their infant.

10 Likes

We all are. Each person has the capacity for immense compassion and also unimaginable horror. Thatā€™s the human experience. If we werenā€™t capable of evil, accomplishing something good in life would mean nothing.

I totally understand every single word you said above by the way. I never enlisted or went into combat. The opportunity was offered to me and I was close. As in, out of high school, no job, not enrolled in college, kicked out of home type of situation.

I met a guy who was almost exactly like me in law school years later though. He went the military service path in that particular form in the road. Him and I are eye to eye on just about everything. Heā€™s one of my best friends ever. He doesnā€™t regret his Ranger service. He doesnā€™t think or act the same way today, though. We exchange pictures from our commutes of overly-zealous bumper-sticker happy vets and have a laugh. The Punisher Skull is worth the other buying for beer club on Fridayā€™s if we find one. After I moved him out of prosecuting violent child crimes and got him working with me, he has finally started to settle down as realize heā€™s been in a cycle of trauma for a couple decades. He has good memories and pride, camaraderie and loss from his service days. Thatā€™s part of him, but heā€™s also now this dad and family man who is adding to society peacefully. He has some symbols that he sports in tattoos and decor that oversimplify him as a person. If you judged him solely by that, youā€™d miss 95% of his depth.

Symbols are tough. Just like people, they donā€™t mean or stand for one thing. They take on the baggage of all who have used them. They also have the capacity for tremendous good and terrible evil.

6 Likes