Marvel January 2021 Homage Variants

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85 Homage Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO - On Sale 1/5

VENOM #4 Homage Variant Cover by DAVID YARDIN with colors by CHRIS SOTOMAYOR - On Sale 1/5

X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #1 Homage Variant Cover by WILL SLINEY with colors by RACHELLE ROSENBERG - On Sale 1/5

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86 Homage Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE with colors by CHRIS SOTOMAYOR - On Sale 1/12

THOR #21 Homage Variant Cover by CREEES LEE with colors by RACHELLE ROSENBERG - On Sale 1/12

CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #3 Homage Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN with colors by FEDERICO BLEE - On Sale 1/19

HULK #3 Homage Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA - On Sale 1/19

DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #5 Homage Variant Cover by STEPHEN MOONEY with colors by CHRIS SOTOMAYOR - On Sale 1/26

IRON MAN #16 Homage Variant Cover by PETE WOODS - On Sale 1/26

X-MEN LEGENDS #11 Homage Variant Cover by KEN LASHLEY with colors by JUAN FERNANDEZ - On Sale 1/26

3 Likes

These are all meh and asm 300 is definitely overused but I really like that spidey one

1 Like

Wish they would have coordinated these to Hulk #1 and Venom #1.

2 Likes

Are these regular variants or store variants ? Thanks !

Regular.

1 Like

Dont see much spec value, BUT they do look good just for my collection; good homages ! Will probably get a couple of each for me.

2 Likes

Even like the Momoko one. She is talented and can really do some good covers if she puts her mind to it. Its sad that a lot of these ‘star’ artists just cruise on their art; its like they feel people wont notice when they suck, even on a regular variants, not to mention the higher-priced ones.

I’d only consider the Yardin, and yeah… it’s been done to death. Fun theme and all, but none of these are killer.

My guess is the emerging artists are under a ton of pressure to put out new work. I mean, Momoko has how many new covers each week?

Homages would be super cool if used sparingly, but they are just SO overdone. Seems like there’s a Spidey 300 each week now.

1 Like

wheres the FF one??