Marvel's Native American Tribute Covers by Veregge

Anyone else digging the upcoming Native American covers by Veregge? We all saw the Hip Hop variants take off, took a few years but these have the same potential I think. Plus they’re just really cool, I love Native American art.

I was gonna do a post on the main site to highlight these but I figured I can start here on the forums as well.

Avengers #38 (Veregge Black Panther Variant) but has no preview art yet. Should be awesome though if Black Panther is gonna be on the cover. Maybe a special tribute to Chadwick Boseman.

Amazing Spider-Man #52 (Veregge Spider-Man Variant)

Amazing Spider-Man #52 (Veregge Spider-Man Variant)

Iron Man #3 (Veregge Iron Man Variant)

Iron Man #3 (Veregge Iron Man Variant)

Immortal Hulk #40 (Veregge Hulk Variant)

Immortal Hulk #40 (Veregge Hulk Variant)

Thor #9 (Veregge Thor Variant)

Thor #9 (Veregge Thor Variant)

Captain America #25 (Veregge Captain America Variant)

Captain America #25 (Veregge Captain America Variant)

Widowmakers Red Guardian Yelena Belova #1 (Veregge Variant)

Widowmakers Red Guardian Yelena Belova #1 (Veregge Variant)

@RipCityGamer, TFAW has this one listed as a Moonstar but it’s still a Veregge, unless you all got the picture swapped. Marvels Voices Indigenous Voices #1 (Dani Moonstar Variant)

Marvels Voices Indigenous Voices #1 (Dani Moonstar Variant)

And this one isn’t necessarily a Native American theme cover but it’s by the same artist and I’m really loving it. I hope he does a cover for the entire mini-series.

Werewolf by Night #1 (of 4) (Veregge Variant)

Werewolf by Night #1 (of 4) (Veregge Variant)

I getting them all. I think the black batter one is on the Marvel previews paper form. I can double check once I get home from work. I know I’ve seen the black panther one and it looks sick…

I watched a video yesterday on the deeper meanings of the Tribal art that can be seen in the background throughout Kubricks’ The Shining. Very interesting stuff, imo.
I’m not a personal fan of the Native art style, but I like the idea for these Marvel covers.

While not a huge fan of them. I do think they are unique and a pleasant change. I will pick up a few for conversational pieces and the uniqueness.

The Werewolf I ordered which seems like a lifetime ago as that was originally pre-Covid. New Werewolf by Night as well.

I did the Native ones. Grabbed the Marvel Voices one and also the Thor and Hulk as those are pull list books for me.

Maaaan I LOVE these. I grew up learning about my heritage being Black Irish and Native American I’m all for this. Showed this to my uncle who collected comics in the 50/60s as a kid he wants me to grab him some just to hang up.

2 Likes

That Werewolf by Night cover is really nice.

2 Likes

That title is what it was listed as in the catalog. It is by Jeffrey; Dani Moonstar is the character.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha.

Here is the Black Panther cover for Avengers # 38

2 Likes

The black panther and Spider-Man ones are connecting covers you put them on top of each other cover to cover😜

2 Likes

That’s dope. Nice catch

I like them…A lot! That Werewolf by night cover is awesome! Now, if Marvel would give significantly more information on all the horror stuff they are bringing to the Movies and D+ and maybe Hulu I will be happy.

So as far as we know, this is a first appearance? I was going to pass, but now that it’s at FOC, I’m having second thoughts.

It’s a first appearance as far as I can tell it’s not Jack Russell on the A cover

New character is called “Jake”

These covers are mad nice and I will be purchasing some of them for sure, but I’m def not checking for them the way I was all over those hip hop covers when they dropped.

Illmatic + Miles?

Get Rich or Die Trying + Iron Man?

Black Album + Black Panther?

Death Certificate + Old Man Logan?

Ready to Die + Astonishing Ant Man?

Man… Not sure if/how Marvel marvel could top the hip hop covers run. What a concept.

Marvels Voices Indigenous Voices #1 (Ghost Rider Veregge Variant)

2 Likes

@JeffreyVeregge’s 1:50 ratio variant of " HEROES REBORN #2 (OF 7)"

1 Like

Veregge has some really great covers, but he’s very much hit or miss for me. He did an amazing Moon Knight incentive variant.