Marvel's Secret Invasion - Talos First Appearance

We already have an MCU Mockingbird, and she looks like Adrianne Palicki. I understand the uncertainty surrounding AoS cast and characters, but I would love to see her back and kitted out in full costume!

3 Likes

I’m gonna say Queen Veranke shape-shifted to look like Jessica Drew. Given the outcome of the comics, I’m not sure there is long term spec value, but should be good for a flip. Just a guess

1 Like

This is my thought process also

Not a convincing Sarah Conner
I dressed up like Wonder Woman for Halloween, I guess I look like Linda Carter or Gal Gadot
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

She doesn’t need jacked arms, but, an actress that more closely resembles the source material, the better, imo.

I don’t think Conan O’Brien would be a good fit to play Puck either, in an Alpha Flight feature, as an example. Conan would also need to hit the gym, among other things, if he were to take that role, imo.

Bobbi, in the source material, is 5’9", 135. Clarke is 5’2", 120 lb. She, Clarke, doesn’t fit the mold, so to speak, of Mockingbird, imo. That is all. :beers:

1 Like

Tom Cruise is hella short and they make him look tall in movies.

I always hear Tom Cruise is short. What is his actual height?

6’6" when standing on a couch

3 Likes

5’7" if I recall correctly.

We’ve had this exact conversation before
I wouldn’t know about Tom. I haven’t watched a movie with him in it, in probably 20 years. And what character did he portray, who is ‘tall’ in the source material?

1 Like

I didn’t say he portrayed someone from source material, just saying hollywood doesn’t pick actors/actresses on height because the source has them as a specific height
 they can fix that with camera magic
 :wink:

If you limit the actors/actresses exactly what the source material states or has, then you’re severely cutting the amount to choose from

Moon Knight’s suppose to be 6’2" in the comics and yet Oscar Isaac is only 5’9"

What’s the spec again?

Yeah, I know. He looked like a short Apocalypse wearing Go-go dancers platforms. :man_shrugging:

Your best example would be the tall Hugh Jackman playing a very short source material Wolverine. In that example though, Hugh had everything else about the look, and character, down cold. :100:

Marvel Team-Up #95, if Mockingbird does make a live action appearance.

1 Like

Didn’t they have to use camera magic in some of the x-men films because Hugh Jackman was too for Wolverine?

Wolverine is 5’3”, and Jackman is a full foot taller at 6’3”.

I remember a scene where they were coming over a hill side by side but Jackman had to walk a bit behind everyone else to appear shorter.

Hahaha
I should have read ahead before posting

1 Like

The goal is to not body shame anyone, not just including men in body shaming.

1 Like

Back on topic NOW!

And yes, for the record, comparing one person to another and claiming “they need to hit the gym due to their flabby arms” is in fact body shaming them directly, whether you like it or not. There are so many other ways this could have been said. Perhaps something like, “I can’t see Emilia Clarke as Mockingbird” and just left it at that. Instead you derailed this entire topic by posting what you did and was wrong on so many levels.

If you feel the need to discuss this further, take it to PM. Anyone make a peep that’s not about the topic without talking about a specific persons body, I whip out the moderator stick. I’m in no mood to babysit children who can’t follow the rules!

You should be watching Mission Impossible 4, 5, and 6. They are some of the best action movies ever, IMO.

I think MI1 was the last movie I saw him in, lol.