May Previews 2021 - Marvel Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of May Previews for Marvel…

Moon Knight is back. This is the Moon Knight I’ve been wanting to. McNiven is certainly welcome to do every regular cover of this next volume of one of my all time favorites.

Moon Knight #1 (link takes you to all TFAW pre-orders)

Alright Marvel. Are you reading this? Please keep this ongoing. I don’t want you to quit this volume after 5 or 6 issues or stop at issue #20 or some other bullshit. Keep it going, we need more Moon Knight!

And while we talking about Moon Knight, the facsimile of Werewolf By Night #32 seems to be back on the table again. I was highly disappointed when it was removed as it was suppose to hit stands last year. So I’m happy again, this is a must for me.

Werewolf by Night #32 Facsimile Edition

Wolverine #14 brings back Solem, so these will be interesting as his first appearance back in Wolverine #6 and then X-Force #13 (same day but Wolverine chronologically comes first in story) is seeing some renewed interest.

Immortal Hulk #48 is coming to an end at issue #50. So we might see some surprises as it concludes.

Captain Marvel #30 is an over-sized issue. Maybe it’s a big deal but most of the time, over-sized means over printed and lackluster story. But still worthy of checking out.

Savage Avengers #22 I’m highlight cause I just really love this cover. Great stuff!

Avengers #46 is another cover I like and has that type of cover one thinks, what’s the heck is going on in this issue?

X-Men #1 is getting rebooted. New writer. Hmm…

Guardians of the Galaxy #16. Who could it be?

Amazing Fantasy #1 is the title that introduced to Spider-Man. Could we be so lucky to land another major character in today’s modern times?

Alien #5 continues the new Alien being taken over by Marvel. This is the very reason I was looking forward to this series, just awesome looking Alien covers.

And looking forward to the one shots as well. Aliens Aftermath #1 is just that.

Now, everything Star Wars related to finish these highlights off.

Star Wars High Republic #7

And now everything else is War of the Bounty Hunters. The big Star Wars event that spans across every title in the same time frame. All of these are a must for me. A lot I’m picking up multiple copies as well. I’m a sucker.

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #14

Star Wars Darth Vader #14

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #12

Star Wars #15 has an awesome cover. Some of the others seem rushed but this one is great!

Another great regular cover goes to Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2.

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba the Hutt #1

4 Likes

They damn well better keep the Moon Knight comic going for a long time, especially if it’s good.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on Moon Knight!

This cover is my pick for Moon Knight #1, look out for this one to be hot when it comes out. Extremely cool.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to see Gist’s cover for MK. I’ve mentioned ad nauseam how incredibly talented he is & he tends to favor (as well as teach) painting with primary themes of horror/monsters/macabre!
I have zero doubt it will be top notch!

2 Likes

I will have to order a couple of these. Thanks.

2 Likes

I think there’s gonna be a lot of cool ones. That one is open order as well, so shouldn’t be issues getting. I’m awaiting the ratios to see if any are worthy…

1 Like

Still worth a pre-order when it’s a mostly black cover on Marvel’s smudge-prone paper.

I’ll tell you right now, if Marvel opens up Moon Knight for exclusives I am 100% making sure we do one. Super excited for that one.

Amazing Fantasy is an iffy one. Part of me loves the idea, but part of me thinks if Last God couldn’t sell a ton of copies this has no chance.

7 Likes

Shoot you know Marvel is gonna let stores do variants. I cant remember the last issue 1 release w/o store exclusives. Especially for a character like Moon Knight upcoming MCU debut.

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

I keed I keed.

1 Like

You keep Moon Knight’s name out ya mouth, Batmanfan!

:wink:

1 Like

I already told my wife I am buying 1 million copies! I am hoping to get every single ratio, so I am watching all over creation for them when they start piling up!

We definitely need a post with a master list of all the Moon Knight #1 variants from regular to ratio to store.

1 Like

At first glance I thought it was a lobster monster flying to the moon. I had a hard lemonade though.

Can I just send you money now to reserve one?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll chip in funds!

1 Like

Count me in!

Okay so this is slightly off topic but does anyone know of any upcoming Thanos titles? I know that Eternals has Thanos in it but I know next to to nothing about the Eternals and all of the data sheets are almost too much to take in.

Thanks!

As of now, I think it is just Eternals with him. FOR NOW, that can change fast. Oh, and he’ll be in, “Heroes Reborn,” but that’s an alternative reality of something.

1 Like