May The Fourth 2022 Megathread (Star Wars Day)

May the Fourth is this Wednesday! There’s a Hasbro “Fan First” Livestream and potentially a lot of licensee news. I expect much will be saved for Celebration later this month, though. Post what you find regarding Star Wars Day here!

1 Like

3 Likes

Busy day for me (actually the whole week). It’s the most requested day of the year for the 501st with May the Fourth. FCBD day events is a close second actually. Everyone wants costumers. I do what I can to assist but there are only so many of us and so many hours in the day. I try to support the shops or events that give back to the community the most.

Should have some fun pics from events.

6 Likes

Free gift on orders over $160:

MT4-LIVE-Landing-40531-202204-Block-Standard

Free gift on orders over $70:

MT4-LIVE-Landing-VIP-Keychain-202204-Block-Standard

Free gift on orders over $40:

MT4-LIVE-Landing-30495-202204-Block-Standard

3 Likes
1 Like

May 4th: Ashley Eckstein Reveals New Limited Edition Ahsoka Tano Legacy Lightsaber Set from ShopDisney

1 Like

It’s like the next best holiday after Christmas, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, Easter, July Fourth, Memorial Day, Halloween, Labor Day and St Patrick’s Day!!!

I mean, it’s clearly an arbitrary marketing push created through a co-opted meme that fans in the internet community used to use as a pun on this day. Apart from the pun, it has no historical significance and really relates to nothing significant in Star Wars history. So, that’s my pessimist’s take.

Even worse than that, it dates back to Margaret Thatcher! Yuck!

" The phrase dates back to at least 1979, on the day Margaret Thatcher was elected Britain’s first woman prime minister. Her party took out a newspaper ad in the London Evening News that said “May the Fourth be with you, Maggie. Congratulations.” [1]"

3 Likes

https://www.shopdisney.com/ahsoka-tano-legacy-lightsaber-hilts-star-wars-galaxys-edge-limited-edition-461067308186.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=4&searchType=regular

Here’s a breakdown of the first appearances from Star Wars Obi Wan #1 as well

Also im gonna create and onlyfans to buy those Ahsoka sabers. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Silly Rebels and this May the 4th business.
Have a fun day Star Wars CHU friends!!! (I’m the scout)
IMG_20220504_180527_01__01

6 Likes

Looks like some spoiler-rific accessories may have been removed:

2 Likes

Or it could be like the one that I have. It’s one of the clone troopers but the blaster is missing in the original package.